Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maiden voyage for the Simplex+ and my results.

Southwind

Got my new Simplex + WHP and SP24 coil yesterday. Putting it together took all of 10 minutes without the need to look at the manual. I hunt mostly tot lots for gold, so I put on the SP24 coil. I first used Park 1 with only the first block notched to eliminate, Iron Volume at 1. I took a couple of earrings I had found for testing in the tot lot sand. What I found was 1 earring was not even detected, and the other was a clipped sound I would expect to pass up. I switched to Park 2, open discrimination, and Iron Volume at 3. Then both earrings were good strong signals. I like the balance of the Simplex+ and the weight was good as well. I was happy with the results. I did find 5-6 hairpins, but I am sure I am not missing much of anything. Loving the Simplex+ so far. I was only out for about 20 minutes at one tot lot. I hope to get out later today for some time in the park.

Attachments

• 5-26-2021.JPG
    5-26-2021.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 151
Very happy with this detector. I feel I am getting everything that is there. Made it down to the park volleyball court.

Just a note for those eliminating the first block on discrimination. I have had many signals in at 03 and 04, like the necklace, that would have been missed if I was not running with no discrimination.

Attachments

• 5-26-2021-2.JPG
    5-26-2021-2.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 170