Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

maiden voyage of new to me v3 nets silver

PostalTwo

Hi folks ive been in this section for awhile now reading mostly. I allways wanted a v3 but could never afford one until just recently. I found a deal that i couldnt say no to but still had to sell the machine i was using to help finace it lol. Its an non uograded v3 and i hope to send it away at the end of the season for the i upgrade.

well today i had a couple hours to spare after supper and i thought id head out and see what the v3 and i could find. I set up the machine to basically disc the ground , 5 tone for iron 0 to 50 a "0" tone rx11 and disc at 90. With the 10 band filter ( it seemed to provide a little less falsing) and recovey delay at 60 as i was hunting a real trashy area. Most of the hunt i didnt find much, i was basically just getting used to the machine and its sounds and behavior etc . I dug a few target that the v was telling me was trash just to see and sure enough, then found a 45' penny . My hunting parter was wanting a switch of senery so we headed off to a site that is an old school no longer in use. We had a club hunt there and 30 machines were all over the area in front of the school for about 3 hrs. After that hunt i returned to that site several times and pulled more goodies out . Well today was no exception.

Thru the iron clicks i got a choopy high tone id in the high 70's, it pp green at 5.5 in. I dug a plug and at 6 in pops out a 32' canadian nickle( im in canada btw). Love it those nickles some of my favortie coins to find. Next target was another crap sounding target that i actually had my buddy with his 3030 come to verify and he agreed it was worth digging so he pp for me .Dug the plug and couldnt find anything hmm. Flipped the plug and pp myself ,it was off to the side of the hole. I widened to hole and low and behold silver, a 38 dime, what a way to start with a brand new machine love it .

Cheers and HH

Fishscale and nickel.
Can't beat that for a maiden hunt!

Congrats,
HH
MIke

Thanks Mike not a fishscale tho that's a dime. Fishscale is pre 1921 5c smaller and thinner than a dime. Really liking this v cheers

oops...cool dime :)

HH
Mike

How did that nickel come out looking so clean? What is it made from? :shrug:

-pete

its made from nickel lol 100% . that particular site is nice on coins for what ever reason and nickel coins come out with purple green and yellow patinas on them just beautyful

PostalTwo said:
its made from nickel lol 100% . that particular site is nice on coins for what ever reason and nickel coins come out with purple green and yellow patinas on them just beautyful

I think ours in the states are only like 25% nickel with the rest being copper, so they look like death warmed over after a few years in the ground!
:cry:

-pete

PSS1963 said:
PostalTwo said:

I think ours in the states are only like 25% nickel with the rest being copper, so they look like death warmed over after a few years in the ground!
:cry:

-pete
wonder why they i d so low then . nickel coins tone high ,so do copper ones here in canada