Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maiden Voyage with Simplex, the good, no bad or ugly!

jtalley007

One hour in a pounded to death site that the last time 3 of us hit it with 2 Deus and one AT pro produced 3 bullets between us. I’ve hit it hard as well as others over close to 50 years.

Dmc 2-b, CTX 3030, V3i, Deus, you name it, and finds have declined from 12 bullets every 1 1/2 hours to one if you’re lucky.

The EMI is horrendous here and some lower kHz machines are unusable.

1 hour produced 2 shot Civil War bullets, one dropped bullet, a bullet fragment, some small melted lead, a 22 bullet and a Spencer cartridge which is really rare to find here.

Also one surprise is all the old, rotted foil I found since I remove all my trash targets that I dig.

This tells me the 12 KHZ was hitting hard on lower conductors which relic hunting is a good thing, digging all targets above iron anyway.

Attached is a photo of the deepest target I located, the pinpointer is an older Makro which I’m guessing is 9“ long, then there’s 5” or so deeper, so we’re talking 14” which equals the depth of detectors I’ve used here costing $2500.00.

The ground here is mild but many detectors suffer terribly in depth from EMI.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised, finding one bullet here in an hours is a feat today.

I only found one small cut nail that tricked me but that is a very common problem with almost every detector depending on the content of the older nails.

Overall, no way you can beat this detector for twice the price

If Nokta/ Makro is reading I would like to see 2 features on the next update if possible.

1). Make the all metal mode punch deeper and/or be able to slow down auto-tune speed, for open woods hunting in clear ground us old timers love a nice, smooth and deep all metal mode to scan and poke under trees and brush where it’s hard to sweep the coil.

Currently the all metal mode is not as deep as the motion mode. You could get deep hits in all metal then one press of the button will allow you to check the target in field mode.

2) update feature; ability to either boost the discrimination depth so deeper targets read better, turn off modulated audio, or whatever it takes to enhance targets like I dug.

Currently they are only a whisper that sound like a mild false signal that only really experienced hunters like myself would even notice,much less stop to investigate or dig.

For the money, they hit it out of the park from my first impressions

Thanks Nokta/ Makro team

Jerry

It's an entry level machine......You can't always get what you want for the price.
But, then again................it's a Nokta/Makro product..............they can make things happen.