Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maiden voyage with Tiger Shark

ralphiejc

I took the Tiger Shark which I received yesterday,to a fresh water lake that I and a friend (and signs that others were there too) have worked a few times receintly.I thought we did a pretty good job of `cleaning it out`.So we thought!But as they say ,`its NEVER cleaned out!!.My friend used an Excal and I used an Explorer and then an Infinium.So needless to say,I had low expectations today..But I must say I was very impressed with the machine.It operated flawlessly and was very sensitive.I was hitting on small(very small) pieces of foil that my PI didnt respond to. But I did notice it seems to lack in depth.Im used to digging multiple times to get to a target.All my signals today came up in the first scoop and thats using my sand scoop not my larger water scoop.But I dont think items sink as deep in a lake as in salt water with the currents burying it .So depth shouldnt be an issue in a lake. All in all it served me well today.I ran it wide open Disc most of the time and then tried ALL MET FAST for a short time.At the end of my trial run,aside from foil and a few bobbypins,I wound up with a small silver stud earing,silver toe ring,a couple of pieces of junk jewelery and a 14k cross with small diamond chips.Better than 2 of us had done before.All these items were found where my friend and I have previously worked.Which always makes you wonder...did we miss it or is it the machine.......Looks like this will be my machine of choice for fresh water.This is my first Tesoro (detecting over 35 yrs.) but Ill be keeping my eye on their products from now on..Should have bought it sooner..Ralph