Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maiden Voyage

hotrodzincoln

December 30, 2011

The ground here in my part of Utah had been frozen for the past three weeks until a warm rain came yesterday and started a thaw. I got a chance to use my new 5x8 coil that I got for Christmas. I went to a park that has been hammered, including by yours truly, and went to a picnic area that I had avoided because it was so trashy. The little DD coil performed like a champ! It easily separated metal objects that were practically on top of each other (in one case, I found a zincoln at four inches directly below a wad of foil.

There was a tree I dubbed the

Still a beauty ,next one that you find could be the real one.:thumbup:

Small coils like the sniper coil on the ACE & GTI series are excellent for separating good targets amongst the junk, no doubt about that. But the AT Series actually take target separation to a new level, by sometimes sounding off on both targets when one is below the other. For example, earlier this week I was showing my buddy how the AT Pro works and about it's excellent audio discrimination characteristics. Well go figure, he got an iffy screechy signal, with both a low iron audio sound plus a high sound. I told him to dig it, as it costs you nothing to find out what it is. Low and behold, out came an old pulltab which was directly on top of some old rusty iron from a tin can. Now, a pulltab is nothing to get excited about, and iron rusted cans are a menace, but the AT Pro gave an audio signal for each of the targets, even when one was on top of each other. The VDI for a pulltab is often times around 60, the same VDI reading that a gold ring can give. Had this been a gold ring, the AT Pro would have picked up the audio for iron, PLUS the gold ring. Simply amazing!

Hope it is real, but even if it is only Sterling Silver (.925), it is still an eye stopper...

HH,

[size=large]probly found it under the tree cause that's where she threw it after she found out it was cz. :rofl:
very nice find though. treasure truly is where you find it. love this hobby.

HH[/size]

widebody said:
[size=large]probly found it under the tree cause that's where she threw it after she found out it was cz. :rofl:
very nice find though. treasure truly is where you find it. love this hobby.

HH[/size]

The ring size is 9 3/4 so she is a BIG gal. I would hate to make her angry...