Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MAJOR Disappointment!!!

Just recently got my Deus and was somewhat relieved when I saw a headphone jack on the control box (lower right under the rubber). I figured if I didn't like the backphones (which I don't - too small to be comfortable for my gigantic noggin), I could always use the headphone jack with my Auvio headphones or earbuds. WRONG!!!

The jack is right next to the handgrip, rendering it functionally useless. Anything plugged in there is going to get in the way of your hand. Yes, yes - I understand I can get headphones that will work with the wireless system built in, but after spending in the neighborhood of $2000, I'm disappointed that that seems to be my only option.

Poor design - for the headphone jack anyway!

Maybe a 90* adapter jack would help???

I will certainly try the adapter. Didn't think about raising the upper shaft, though it would make thumb presses a little awkward.

Still, for a detector reputed to be so well thought out, its a little frustrating to have to come up with workarounds!

Buy a full size pair of headphones, best thing I did as I hated the ws4's.....
I got CP6 for under a hundred, other options out there....

You could always leave the remote in the belt pouch with headphones lugged it.

For now best bet is to adjust shaft a bit to make work.....

Also you can buy on of those headphone adapter thingy from XP: http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-deus-headphones-accessories Second from bottom.

Jim

No detector is perfect, lmo thats a minor detail considering how good the detector is. Buy a set of phones that you like and an adaptor. Most detectors don't even come with phones

Headphone jack SHOULD have been on top of the box, but there may be internal design or waterproofing reasons for why this wasn't done. As it stands, you can always dismount it and hold it in your hand. It's not as if the Deus requires two arms to manipulate.

I went to radio shack and bout an3 ft. extension which has a shorter male plug than most headphones. Plugged it into the box and then rand it down the grip and taped it top and bottom.I then wound it around the shaft that is under the arm until it had about 4 inches left sticking past the arm cuff and taped it again. Keeps the headphones from pulling on the control box and gives you a little extra length to work with and thhe headphone cable is to your side and out of the way.
as info only.

Sleepyjim said:
Buy a full size pair of headphones, best thing I did as I hated the ws4's.....
I got CP6 for under a hundred, other options out there....

You could always leave the remote in the belt pouch with headphones lugged it.

For now best bet is to adjust shaft a bit to make work.....

Also you can buy on of those headphone adapter thingy from XP: http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-deus-headphones-accessories Second from bottom.

Jim
Sure and then how would someone monitor and rectify GB because it is a pain in the backside keeping it stable.

I rarely have have jumpy GB and pump it, adjust a bit and go.....No need for remote to be mounted, and if you find you still need to adjust anything, if it is on your belt, it is easy to flip down.

Jim