Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Make your Garrett Pro-Pointer ON-OFF AUTOMATIC simply by

jabbo

loosening the cap a little. The battery won't be held firmly against the battery contacts. I removed the rubber sponge from inside the cap but that might not be necessary. Anyway, when the Pro-Pointer is held upside down it will shut off and it will automatically turn on again when you use it to find the target. Insert it in the holder upside down when not in use. Saves wear on the flimsy switch. Jabbo

OR... call Garrett and ask them to send out a new rubber switch cover as a replacement if the original one goes bad. I called them 2 weeks ago and they sent out 2 replacements. Your method might cause water to leak into the main chamber. Whatever your choice have a good hunt!

Thats a good idea, jabbo! If a plucky fellow made an aftermarket mercury switch that an end user could simply pop in to replace the factory push button, why, he would have something there!:thumbup:
Mud

Good idea but I think dirt/mud and moisture would be rubbed off your glove and will eventually find it's way onto the thread. If anyone wanted to do this, a little foam secured by a thin rubber band? in between the terminals would provide sufficient 'push' to keep the battery off the contacts in any position but will allow the user to screw the cap down and push the battery back onto the terminals again. Never tried it but should work!

The only problem with this plan is that you will lose the detune feature,which is one of thePropointers' best features.

I think i will keep mine as standard,does seem like a bit of a 'Bodge Job' but i guess if it works for you and you are happy using it,then that is all that matters i guess.Alot of folks seem un-happy with the GPP but i must admit i am more than happy with mine,its never let me down yet,would i buy another one,certainly i would.

I did the mercury switch thing and it works great. Only need a $2.00 switch from Radio Shack and a piece of black electrical tape.