Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

makro CF77 beach on small gold(chain)

I ve never heard of Makro detectors. Is it a new player? Recently, companies in Eastern Europe have started to produce detectors. The detectors looked promising but my detector shop has stopped with the new brands because the after sale service was not what it should have been.

Common brands have motion detectors that perform excellent on salty beaches. Not every detector runs silent on a wet salty beach. Thin Gold chains are exceptionally difficult to detect on unmineralized 'fresh' conditions because the contrast between the conductivity of a thin chain and the surroundings is relatively small.. The signals are often to weak and very commonly filtered by the detectors groundbalance. When a detector allows manual adjustment of the groundbalance, it will start to chatter in wet salty conditions and no signal can be distinguished at all.

Most PI detectors do well on the wet salty beach and should pick up the gold chains. However you will dig loads of junk.

I too am interested in a. Motion detector that runs silent on the wet salty beach and can detect chains. I don,t have experience but i ve heard rumours that the fisher gold bug, the garret at gold and a troy can do the job. I own a tesoro tigershark but i m not happy with it,s performance in fresh conditions so i never even tried the salt.

Don,t get fooled by air tests.

Regards Kossie