Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Gold Kruzer

lloyd0161

My new detector this year. I am amazed at the performance on micro gold jewelry. This is a step up from my gold bug pro and T2. Also being waterproof is a benefit. Love the screen and easy menus. The TID is familiar since my previous favorite detector was the gold bug pro. They are very similar. Been air testing and find that even the smallest earring backings, thin gold chain and tiny charms, clasps etc. are detected at a good distance from the coil. The ground is still frozen so chomping at the bit to get outside. The target ID is very accurate. Smallest gold items generally register at 40 and above. The largest rings are up in the 70s. Gold separation from clad coins which are all up in the 80s including Lincolns. So should be able to ignore and focus on lower conductors. I also will have an opportunity to visit my mother in Arizona next spring to try some detecting for nuggets. Something I have always wanted to try. My wife is sick of the YouTube videos at this point. She asked how could I stand to listen to that constant threshold noise, lol. To each their own.

Still playing around with the Makro Gold Kruzer (MGK). Ground has thawed enough here in the Detroit MI area to dig deep now. Two days ago was frozen solid. The robins are feeding in the yards now so spring is almost here. I am 58 years old now and have been detecting since I was 14. My first detector was a Compass Relic Magnum. Things have definitely come a long way since then. I tend to get a little hokey so don't read on if you think I sound like a moron nerdy metal detectorist. I have loved this hobby since I cracked an actual hard copy of Eastern and Western Treasure magazine from my local library more than 40 years ago..

As far as 2019 goes; I know there is not much silver left, not like decades ago, and at least in my neck of the woods or city, etc. Everyone says that their "new detector" is the best and is finding things in their "pounded sites." Eventually this will dry up as well as the undiscovered areas. The things that we can usually count on being replenished are jewelry and modern coinage. Even the modern coinage will be replaced by plastic debit and charge cards. I don't personally carry any paper money or coins anymore. Unless we have a debit card detector this will eventually become a lost cause. On the bright side, people will always wear and lose jewelry! There is also a bounty of raw minerals, gems, and precious metal as in "prospecting."

Enter the dedicated "prospecting and micro jewelry detector!"; The Makro Gold Kruzer. This is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for.

Tried micro jewelry mode tonight. Ran it with the gain almost at max. Was a bit noisy with ground minerals and EMI present. Still, the solid hits came through loud and clear; no mistake. Mixed signals were iron or good next to iron. I love the 3 tone search; low for iron, mid range for gold band, and high for basically silver range. This the GBP did not have and definitely makes a difference. Large iron will sometimes read as silver as do most detectors. However, moving the coil back and forth while sweeping will give an iron grunt at the tips of the coil. This has worked on other detectors including the GBP and T2 with great success as well. Still waiting for my 7.5" x 4" DD coil replacement. Can't wait to test the separation. The 3 tone makes this detector even better with better detection of small gold due to the 61 KHZ. It will still find the deep coins. Probably not as deep as some detectors with lower frequency but will find most. I found some coins that my T2 missed in my yard! This may have been due to the stock T2 coil vs the smaller elliptical of the MGK. Larger coil is not always better and will blend targets. The smallest coil is a must to clean up after you have cherry picked. I know this detector will be my primary for a,long long time unless something better comes along. The language of the tones is all I need and then check TID when a mid range is found. The detector is very simple and straight forward. The menus and owners manual are easily understood. In a short time I am loving this detector. Did I mention it is completely waterproof to 16 feet, has wireless headphones, and software can be upgraded via USB. If it gets dirty just hose it off! I will be getting the waterproof headphones since the stock wireless are not waterproof. The stock wireless headphones are awesome by the way and easily paired with the detector. The menu/ TID screen appears to be hard plastic. Not like the other detectors that have a taught film than can be damaged.

I know the Minelab camp will be saying their EQ is even better on gold and especially nugget hunting. Don't get me wrong, I love the Minelabs and will buy an EQ 800 this year as well as a Gold Monster 1000. I just love detectors in General. I've been doing this a long time and know when a gem comes along:)

Thank you Makro!

Oh yeah, the Service Center is great! My replacement coil is on the way and I did not wait long for a judgement from the factory.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the report! Looking forward to hearing more.

HH
Mike

Received my replacement 7.5" x 4" coil. Many thanks to the Makro Service Center for the speedy turn around. This coil is amazingly sensitive and gets great depth in an air test for such a small coil. Most likely will stay on the detector most of the time. Can't wait to try this on Saturday in a heavy trash area. Found a carnival token with the larger coil last weekend and a lot of trash. Surprisingly good on coins despite the high frequency. Not a depth monster but respectable.