Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Kruzer Di99

Favotti

Hi all, I currently have an impact, I have had fors core, racer and racer 2 so I am quite familiar with Nokta/Makro products and they are all great at what they do. I have a Kruzer on pre order and I'm quite excited about that.
I have not used or seen a kruzer first hand but have probably watched the same youtube clips/reviews that most of you here have watched or read and I'm sure it will be a quality machine like the others but probably better in some areas (hard to top the impact though).

I understand that we all detect in different ways and environments. I myself mostly search for modern Australian coins and jewellery in quite trashy areas and I find Di99 on the Impact the absolute best mode/detector for this type of detecting, others might like this mode too for some of their scenarios. I'm hoping the kruzer will replace my impact with its lighter weight and waterproofing.

So here is my question to those who plan on getting the Kruzer, and this question does not apply to everyone because some just won't want/need it but others may, like myself.

Hypothetically if there was an optional software download that would add Di99 and remove another mode say Gen, deep or 4 tone would you be interested? I have it on good authority that this possible but it would have to be a public download and not a personal one just for me, which is understandable. I myself never use all metal and would rarely use deep, so for me I would definitely give up either of these modes for Di99. Im probably jumping the gun a great deal here as the machine isn't even released, but its just a thought and I would be interested to know what others think.

We know this company hears/listens to what us its customers would like/want so maybe this is possible and I think if it does happen this machine will be one of the best on the market, heck it probably already is, I think 3 tone alone will already do what I want to do and more, but no harm in asking.

Cheers
Brendon.

I have about 30 different Aussie coin, modern to some older that were sent to me by a friend in OZ.

Just for the sake of it, grabbed the pre-production Multi-Kruzer with the 5x9.5 DD coil mounted on it.

Turned on and selected 4 tone, 14khz, 4 tone seems cleaner sounding than the Impact. Ground balanced and tested the coins laying on top of the ground, with an air gap from the bottom of the coil at approx. 5-7".

Really nice crisp sounding on the coins. Best part is they virtually all ID without a bounce of numbers. They ID right on one number, sometimes, some coins will bounce between an adjacent number 61-62 for example.

If I was in OZ and had this detector, I would have thought it was made specially for OZ coins.

I usually hunted in Di-3 with the Impact, liked it better than the Di4 or Di99. With the Kruzer, I really like the 4 tone over the 3 tone.

Cheers Sven, that is exactly how the impact sounds in Di99, like it was designed to find our $1 and $2 coins I can pick them out like no other. In di99 I can move extremely fast and even bypass the tones that hit higher than our gold coin denominations (while missing silver items of course).

It's good to hear 4 tone is crisp sounding, but im sure that it would slow me down compared to a di99 mode or similar, to be honest I feel a 3 tone mode works better than 4 and I can just miss the lower denominations and gold jewellery, ( $1 & $2 are where I make my money) use a little top end notch which i don't really like to do, I just feel nothing compares to di99, not a ctx, deus or anything.

Di99 was just a suggestion and I was curious if others liked or relied on it as much as I do/did.

I would have also liked to see vlx1 or Di99 included i never hunt all metal anyway and do not live near a salt water beach. I would for sure give up 2 tone for either of those.

Trashfinder said:
I would have also liked to see vlx1 or Di99 included i never hunt all metal anyway and do not live near a salt water beach. I would for sure give up 2 tone for either of those.

That's why Nokta makes the Impact with a wider selection of modes and therefore more expensive. The Multi-Kruzer was not made to compete or replace the Impact. The Multi-Kruzer is a lower cost general purpose detector that will fill the needs of most novice; advanced hobbyist that will allow them to hunt in most conditions with success. The modes on the MK for me is a proper selection.

In retrospect if i basically had a waterproof Impact i would only need one detector instead of two, so looking at it like that it makes sense for sales purposes. I think we were looking at it from a consumer view and not a manufacturer view.

From time-to-time I use the 85-Tone Di-99 mode but it definitely isn't my favorite. On my Impact I use Di3, Di2, Di4 and Deep modes in that order of Discrimination mode choices. Trying to discern the audio responses in Di-99 gets rather 'busy' at the places I hunt. Even with the Ferrous Volume set low at '01' or '02' that still leaves 84-Tones to listen to and I spend most of my hunting time in densely littered places.

The Multi-Kruzer, also functional for all sorts of land hunting applications, is especially intended for Beach Hunting and I think their selection of six functional search modes were the right ones for this model. They work well, and I can hear a bit of difference in 4-Tone compared with the 4-Tone on the Impact. Not a lot for my poor hearing, but it seems like there's a notable difference folks might appreciate.

Monte

Sven said:

That's why Nokta makes the Impact with a wider selection of modes and therefore more expensive. The Multi-Kruzer was not made to compete or replace the Impact. The Multi-Kruzer is a lower cost general purpose detector that will fill the needs of most novice; advanced hobbyist that will allow them to hunt in most conditions with success. The modes on the MK for me is a proper selection.

I'm definitely not demanding they make any changes or actually gives us all the modes we want. The thing is I asked the company if this was possible and they replied that it absolutely was, but would not do a one off for myself. I thought Di99 had a little more of a following than it actually may have.

If a machine has update-able software what is too much to give the end user?

Sven said:

This machine is already competing with the impact, it's just the way it is. The more reviews of this machine that come out the impact sales will slow and the more used impacts for sale we will see. Plus the way this company is there will be an even more desirable machine out by the end of the year ( which is a good thing).

Hey Brendon,

Long time no hear. Good to hear you are loving the Impact.

Multi-tone is good for experienced guys, and a little overkill to new users, or users used to 2 or 3 tones only.
I was a fan of the multi-tone on the X-terras as it allowed me to separate ring pulls from coins. On the Impact I find the 85 tones a little too much, but to be honest I haven't
persisted too much with it, as there's so many modes to play with. I love VCO modes, so 2-tone/DI2 has always been a favourite on Nokta/Makro units, but I have used 3-tone modes when there is a lot of modern surface junk, particularly swarms of aluminium like in most park/picnic areas. The 3-tone mode on the Multi Kruzer is lightning quick. Shallow goldies give you that machine gun response, but I'm getting away from the topic.

To answer your question, I would have no problem removing Deep Mode, but instead of 99 tone mode, my vote would be a 2-tone all-metal mode with tone break, like on the Impact. I absolutely love this on dry sand, and also when working trashy sites in the goldfields, which is why reason I think an Impact will remain in my arsenal. All-metal mode is the best for ID'ing crown caps on the beach imo. Everyone is different, and have different requirements, that's why there are so many different models.

Cheers, Nenad

Touch my 4-TONE mode and I'll break your hand :nono:

I'm with Sven on this - I usually hunted in Di3 with the Impact, I didn't care for Di4 as it had that harsh artificial digital sound, and found Di99 to be too busy. It was a bit better then the 99 tone mode on the F75 (that was about as harsh and artificial digital sounding as it gets!), but IMHO not pleasant to use while detecting.

I tested the 2-TONE, 3-TONE, 4-TONE, BEACH and DEEP modes on the Multi Kruzer. I tested and couldn't see much difference on the GEN, 2-TONE, 3-TONE, BEACH and DEEP modes BUT not only is the 4-TONE hot, with modulated audio, it absolutely LOVES silver :clapping:

Cal_Cobra said:
Touch my 4-TONE mode and I'll break your hand :nono:

I'm with Sven on this - I usually hunted in Di3 with the Impact, I didn't care for Di4 as it had that harsh artificial digital sound, and found Di99 to be too busy. It was a bit better then the 99 tone mode on the F75 (that was about as harsh and artificial digital sounding as it gets!), but IMHO not pleasant to use while detecting.

I tested the 2-TONE, 3-TONE, 4-TONE, BEACH and DEEP modes on the Multi Kruzer. I tested and couldn't see much difference on the GEN, 2-TONE, 3-TONE, BEACH and DEEP modes BUT not only is the 4-TONE hot, with modulated audio, it absolutely LOVES silver :clapping:

Never planned on touching anyone's tones.

I don't hunt silver here in my part of Oz, it hardly exists even in 50% form.

Even our modern coins id a lot lower than your clad, so 4 tone would not be as handy as it is in the USA ( time will tell, once mine arrives). I still say hands down to find our $$$ coins Di99 is the best of any machine, and I find them by the hundreds.

nenadgbeepin said:
Multi-tone is good for experienced guys, and a little overkill to new users, or users used to 2 or 3 tones only.
Most don't adapt to 2-Tone and favor 3-Tone from what I have found talking with folks who mainly Coin Hunt here in the USA.

nenadgbeepin said:
On the Impact I find the 85 tones a little too much, but to be honest I haven't persisted too much with it, as there's so many modes to play with.
I like the 85 tones in Di-99 better than the competitor's modals with a comparable multi-tone feature. The only detector I own and make use of multiple tones is my XLT. I tried the Impact's Di-99 but it just isn't a pleasant mode for me and the types of sites I hunt.

nenadgbeepin said:
I love VCO modes, so 2-tone/DI2 has always been a favourite on Nokta/Makro units, ...
In low to moderately trashy sites, especially when using a mid-sized coil like the open-frame 5X9½ DD, I prefer 2-Tone which has, like you noted, a very functional VCO audio enhancement. I use 2-Tone also with the 7" Concentric and 5" DD when the main problem targets are iron nails.

nenadgbeepin said:
... but I have used 3-tone modes when there is a lot of modern surface junk, particularly swarms of aluminium like in most park/picnic areas. The 3-tone mode on the Multi Kruzer is lightning quick. Shallow goldies give you that machine gun response, but I'm getting away from the topic.
The 3-Tone mode has been my go-to mode with the smaller coils on the CoRe, Relic, Racer 2, Impact and now the Multi-Kruzer for trashier sites that have a lot of iron debris, especially the rusty tin we encounter at the ghost towns and similar older sites we hunt.

I tried all the available search modes last year with the Impact but 3-Tone worked the best, at least for me, in the iron plagued sites. The Multi-Kruzer's 3-Tone is a little different and a bit faster, but the Kruzer's 4-Tone mode I catch myself using more than I did on my Impact.

nenadgbeepin said:
To answer your question, I would have no problem removing Deep Mode, but instead of 99 tone mode, my vote would be a 2-tone all-metal mode with tone break, like on the Impact. I absolutely love this on dry sand, and also when working trashy sites in the goldfields, which is why reason I think an Impact will remain in my arsenal. All-metal mode is the best for ID'ing crown caps on the beach imo. Everyone is different, and have different requirements, that's why there are so many different models.
Here we differ because I do make use of the DEEP mode and wouldn't want to sacrifice it. However, I just wish the GEN/All Metal mode on the Multi-Kruzer worked like the GEN mode on the Impact. :thumbup: Don't eliminate a different mode, just make the GEN mode work like the Impact and I'd be happy. I make use of it quite a bit on the Impact and leave the Disc. set at '20' most of the time, and it works for me where I hunt.

Monte

I also love the DI99 mode on my Impact and was a bit disappointed when I saw it was not on my Kruzer test unit BUT I have found that like others I have found that the 4 tone mode is probably my favorite on the Kruzer and after using it a bit I forgot all about my beloved DI99 mode.

mrsspk said:
I also love the DI99 mode on my Impact and was a bit disappointed when I saw it was not on my Kruzer test unit BUT I have found that like others I have found that the 4 tone mode is probably my favorite on the Kruzer and after using it a bit I forgot all about my beloved DI99 mode.

Thanks Mrssk, I'm sure I can manage without the multitone and this type of comment is reassuring, but if I can't get it there is always an equinox.

I agree, Monte--and did state that. A two tone Gen mode would make the Kruzer the consummate water detector especially with the boost. Having the visual ID is pretty good in itself though.
cjc