Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Kruzer external battery pod info & pics

mrsspk

Have not had the chance to do more than a couple hunts with this machine due to the weather but wanted to take a chance to show the auxiliary battery pack and share some info on it.
The word that I received is the Battery "Pod" as well as the headphone adaptor cord is not included with the detector but will be available separately. Although I have no info on if they will offer a "Pro pack" but if they do I believe these items may be included.
The pack itself is waterproof like the detector. It sandwiches between the bottom stand and a second stand so whether you run the battery or not, your detector is kept off the ground. The bottom stand attaches via 2 thumb screws into recessed brass threaded inserts built into the upper stand. This all is mounted under the armrest.
Since the battery pack plugs into the headphone/charge port the engineers at Makro gave the user the ability to plug the waterproof headphones or the land headphone adaptor directly into the auxiliary battery pod.
The battery pack inside the pod is the same pack used in AT Pros so if you have an extra AT battery pack it will work in the Kruzer.
Also the RNB rechargeable battery for the AT Pro/AT Max fits perfectly in the pod and works great.
With the internal battery as well as the pod you can detect from sunlight to sundown with no worries of dead batteries.
Here are some pics of the set up. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I am off work tomorrow and will take the time to post some performance related information.

Any info on the supposed AA battery pack adapter?

Edit:
Nevermind. Upon closer inspection if your pics I see the adapter. I like this much better than an internal battery

Is the pack you have pictures with the blue varta batteries the one that comes with the pod?
Are the connections for the external heaphone port waterproof? If you take off that connection will you mess with the waterproofness on the machine?
And I hope it's included in the pro pack. Otherwise we will have to be at the mercy of the dealer's to have enough in stock.
Thanks for any if you can give!!

Also, do you know if, because how it's wired, if the internal battery bites the dust can the machine still be run on the AA pack?
Or is the internal battery "in between" the battery pod and the machine and won't function at all with the AAs if that internal cell bites the dust?

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Any info on the supposed AA battery pack adapter?

Edit:
Nevermind. Upon closer inspection if your pics I see the adapter. I like this much better than an internal battery

Is the pack you have pictures with the blue varta batteries the one that comes with the pod?
Are the connections for the external heaphone port waterproof? If you take off that connection will you mess with the waterproofness on the machine?
And I hope it's included in the pro pack. Otherwise we will have to be at the mercy of the dealer's to have enough in stock.
Thanks for any if you can give!!

Here is some info for you.

1. Yes I recieved the Varta batteries with the unit. I do not know if batteries will be supplied with the external battery pod though.

2. Yes the headphone connection for the battery pod is a waterproof connector. When not being used there is a rubber boot that covers this port. With a IP68 rating I would assume that this will seal it securely from water intrusion.

3. I am also hoping this is included with the Pro pack

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Also, do you know if, because how it's wired, if the internal battery bites the dust can the machine still be run on the AA pack?
Or is the internal battery "in between" the battery pod and the machine and won't function at all with the AAs if that internal cell bites the dust?

Just spoke with Makro and they confirmed that the battery pack can be used to run the unit even it the internal battery goes dead or becomes faulty.

Ok awesome thanks!!!
Great to know in case worst case scenario happens!!