Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro kruzer/multi kruzer battery wiring question

Stoof-tabsallday

Ok so I figured I'd start my own thread on this.

Here's the question....

Whether by cycles, damage, or just wearing out in any way... If the internal battery in the kruzer is no longer functioning (not just needing a recharge) will the machine still be able to function with the AA battery pod? Is it wired in the middle so if it bites the dust it interrupts the circuit and the machine won't even function with the battery pod?

The external pod does break the circuit to the internal battery so in the event that the internal battery goes bad there should be no issue to continue running the unit on just the AA battery pack.

Thank you!!

Just out of curiosity, I know you can use a battery bank to charge the internal battery.
So does a battery bank hook to the detector differently than the pod does? If it hooks the same way, that would mean the pod doesn't break the circuit and battery must still be included in the circuit.
I know I have alot of questions, but an internal battery is a big turnoff to me because of failure and inability for end user to service, so I want to make sure before considering this unit that there is another option when the internal cell fails.
Thank you for your insight and answers

Internal batteries have been used by many detectors without issue. Similar battery to that being used in cellphones, tablets etc.

I know Sven. I've also had cell phone batteries that failed.
I know there are reasons they went this route.
But for me I would need to know that when the battery fails (definitely after the 2 year warranty period) that I have another option for the machine to run and not have to send the unit it.

I was really hoping dilek could have chimed in on this just to answer the question without the thread being diverted to the merits of internal cells lol.
Liion/lipo cells are great!! They are actually one of my hobbies. It's not the cells that are the issue, it's the inability to change them without sending in for service. But knowing in the event of a cell failure that I can run it on the pod would completely alleviate my concern.
Hopefully she can chime in on the design of the circuit :)

I would think it is hooked up in a series as that would be the easiest and best way for this to work. I feel that it is like when you jump start your car as it is set up with the positive of the pack to the positive of the internal battery, neg to neg. Now the only way this wouldnt work is if there was a broken connection in a wire or circuit board connection or if the battery has a dead short in it so it could not make the connection and the detector would have to be sent in to repair.

Like I say that would be my idea of how it would work, battery in the detector goes dead, you plug in the battery pod, this will run the detector plus charge the internal battery at the same time, but not as fast as the charger will , but enough to get you by until you can charge it back up.

Rick

Hello all...sorry to chime in late...

If the internal battery is dead, defective etc - you can power the unit and use it with the external AA battery pack.

Regards,

Dilek

Thank you dilek!!!
Hope all went well in Germany!!!

So if the enternal battery is dead . how long the extra battery can work with me 10 hour's or more .

MAKRO RACER POWER said:
So if the enternal battery is dead . how long the extra battery can work with me 10 hour's or more .
Easily!

I rely on the Li-Po as 'back-up' duty. I charged them, then just run on Alkaline batteries. My current set has been powering it for 12+ hours now and they are still 'juicy.'

Monte

Monte-----Any particular reason you don't do it the other way around (run on the Li-Po and have the alkalines as backup)?---Just curious about that.--------Del
Monte said:
So if the enternal battery is dead . how long the extra battery can work with me 10 hour's or more .Easily!

I rely on the Li-Po as 'back-up' duty. I charged them, then just run on Alkaline batteries. My current set has been powering it for 12+ hours now and they are still 'juicy.'

Monte

Here are Monte's Answers:

I wanted to experience the Multi-Kruzer with the AA Alkaline battery holder, cable and batteries for the additional weight to check balance and feel.

As of February 4th, I have 502 Alkaline batteries of 6 different brands and I am monitoring their battery run-time in all my detectors to compare their efficiency.

I know Alkaline batteries last longer, and I wanted to give the Multi-Kruzer a full-change on the internal Lithium battery source, then use only the AA Alkaline batteries for several duration to let them run 'til they expire. Then, after running 3 or 4 sets of Alkaline, disconnect the power cable when that battery pack dies, then go to the Lithium batteries and see what battery level it displays.

After I am finished checking and comparing the run-times for the different brands of batteries I have at this time, then I concentrate on checking the run-time of the inbuilt Lithium power source. I am trying to do this before the longer daylight periods of summer arrive and when I will be using the detectors for a prolonged search time, especially with a WTHO in the end of April and two WTHO's in May.

Monte