Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Legend and the equinox 800

woodbutcher

I’ve been looking hard at this legend,and it does look good. I’ve ran the equinox 800 quite a bit and I think it’s a pretty good machine.
I don’t have either tho at the moment. Just my Deus...So I was thinking and looking,and a used 800 with no warranty is right about the $650ish range...A new Legend with 3 years warranty is $650ish..I’ve watched a ton of videos and I’m not seeing one outperform the other yet, it in the masses. Sure,there are videos specially made to favor one over the other,Russia isn’t the only one to make things look different than they really are..lol..but the overall majority of videos show a tight race between the two machines,at least to me..I think the Legend sounds more like a Sorex pro than it does a equinox,heard guys state the audio was copied from Minelab? I’m not hearing it,maybe if it were in my hands it would sound different,idk..
So I basically started this thread to those who have both to chime in,and let us know.

The only true 'Simultaneous' mult-freq. detector is the White's Spectra V3i??? Is that true or not? ? ? White's Spectra V3i has a beautiful color coded graph indicating the freq. of the target(s) below the coil; likewise, in pinpoint it has a beautiful color coded graph indicating the freq. below the coil. 'Simultaneously'
My research reveals some state S M F, that in my research reveals Single Multi Frequency?
Meaning the operator can manually switch from one freq. to the other? ? ?
Many will allude to the machine is 'chatty'? What would you expect if there is no color coded graph reporting the freq. below the coil? ? ?
Guess? ? ?
Does any of the 'Simultaneous' multi-freq. detectors reflect the 'Simultaneous' freq. below the coil? ? ?
Presently, the money in my account is not lonely, and it does not cost me anything to leave it there! I actually watch it grow as fast as grass grows! lol R O F L
Consequently, I will continue as the author of this post and 'wait'.

So I basically started this thread to those who have both to chime in,and let us know

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

This is going to be a "Chevy vs Ford" argument. I own and have used the Equinox 800 for several years. I got the Legend about 10-days ago. Right now I'm split. Both are about the same depth and sensitivity, but the Legend has a better feel and the coil ears are much more sturdy than the Equinox. Not ready to decide one way or the other just yet - which is not a good thing for my Equinox.

Does any of the 'Simultaneous' multi-freq. detectors reflect the 'Simultaneous' freq. below the coil? ? ?
Respectfully, my post inquired if any 'Simultaneous' multi-freq. detectors reflect the "Simultaneous' freq. below the coil???
I own the Equinox 800; ergo, I do not know how to get it to reflect the freq. in 'Simultaneous' in the display? ? ?
No, not true. Minelab Equinox, Vanquish, Garrett Apex, Nokta Makro Legend, are just a few. The V3i is a great machine but is now outdated like the Minelab Sovereign
Please advise how to get the Equinox 800 to reflect 'Simultaneous' in the scan mode to report the 'Simultaneous' freq.
Thanks in advance.
Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

The only true 'Simultaneous' mult-freq. detector is the White's Spectra V3i??? Is that true or not? ? ? White's Spectra V3i has a beautiful color coded graph indicating the freq. of the target(s) below the coil; likewise, in pinpoint it has a beautiful color coded graph indicating the freq. below the coil. 'Simultaneously'
My research reveals some state S M F, that in my research reveals Single Multi Frequency?
Many will allude to the machine is 'chatty'? What would you expect if there is no color coded graph reporting the freq. below the coil? ? ?
Guess? ? ?
Presently, the money in my account is not lonely, and it does not cost me anything to leave it there! I actually watch it grow as fast as grass grows! lol R O F L

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis
No. Only the V3i does that. If you want to know what frequencies are running in each mode, you'll need a multi-trace oscilloscope.

No. Only the V3i does that. If you want to know what frequencies are running in each mode, you'll need a multi-trace oscilloscope.
Then, the V3i is not outdated? ? ?
Would a more accurate statement be: None of the other 'Simultaneous' metal detectors have caught up with the White's Spectra V3i? ? ?
Kajunman Thanks for reading my post, and replying.

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

Then, the V3i is not outdated? ? ?
Would a more accurate statement be: None of the other 'Simultaneous' metal detectors have caught up with the White's Spectra V3i? ? ?
Kajunman Thanks for reading my post, and replying.

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis
The newer tech has surpassed the V3i by leaps and bounds. The Rutus Atrex may have the capability of showing the frequencies, but I'm not sure.

You're welcome.

Guess? ? ?

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis
Thanks for the detailed explanation of the v3i ,as well as your military service...
But I'm still looking for anyone who owns both the equinox and legend

Actually any scope would show the multiple frequencies.
Make a 6" antenna out of a piece of wire and clip a lead to it.
Place the antenna on the coil.
Turn on machine. If multi frequencies are running you'll see all of them overlapping.
Auto tune and it will lock on to the most dominant frequency. You can manually tune to see the rest.
Because antenna is not a match of frequencies.
You will not see the exact frequency.
But you will see the multiples.
Did this with my Explorer yrs ago.
Give it a try.

Pete,
I own both and have 13 hrs on the Legend with well over three years on the Equinox.
The legend has a lot of features I like. Hand grip, durability, clock, ferro check, the added number of user profiles and some of the accessibility buttons, like the ground balance, the discrimination pattern button.
Right now I’m just comparing finds. I know what my Equinox can find and so far the Legend is doing quite well.
I’ve found some really awesome finds with my Equinox and think it’s a great machine but if the Legend can just perform equal to my Equinox as far as finds and depth. I’ll use the Legend because of the things I listed above.
In the short time I’ve used it I believe the depth is going to be a good (I dug a ten inch wheatie where I had dug deep Indians and wheats before with the equinox) and I’ve been pulling a lot of nonferrous targets out of the iron. Hope that helps. Good luck and HH! Tom

I watched some videos of the Equinox on a scope with all frequencies running simultaneously, he also showed how they much moved during a manual frequency shift. This such a rehash. As long as your machine functions it won't be obsolete. When it breaks down and you can't get parts/service its obsolete LOL
HH Jeff

legend.jpg

And it begins

Attachments

• E90EBBD3-98C7-4C88-9088-006712B155D7.jpeg
    E90EBBD3-98C7-4C88-9088-006712B155D7.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 143