Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

makro quality???

Hello. I have absolutely zero knowledge of the Makro brand. I am however very interested in the new Makro Racer 2. I called a forum sponsor who sells Makro and was told their quality was very poor and to stay away?? The only quality issue I can find were Coil bolts? He said overall quality was very poor? Can anyone provide me some insight on these Detectors? Thank you

Jim

I was thinking they are good quality I have the Racer and its good quality, nice sturdy shafts I have had no problems with quality,

they seem fine to me, haven't had it long so don't know from that perspective, 1st thing I noticed was the best cam locks on a detector in its price range, rest seems well built, not sure how the push buttons will hold up over time, but there are people been using the red racer for a while sure they can help more with that, coil bolt on mine seems fine no dramas at all.

so over all feels well made looks well made and sure doesn't wobble like some I have used in that price range.

guess it comes down to what this person was comparing it too?

AJ

The build quality is good. They are as good as most anything i have used before , the coil bolts do snap some times yes. Mine snapped.

He must be trying to sell you something he makes more money from. The Racer is a great detector and if any problems the company is great on fixing it. GS
hammer0419 said:
I don't know why he would have told me to stay away from them then???

I think the build quality is great.I bought one after they fixed the coil issues and bolts.The only issue I have is the lumping of targets in the 82 range but not a deal breaker for me.I await the Racer 2 which fixed this issue.It should be here within a couple of weeks.The Racer and I'm sure the Racer 2 is just amazing in the trash paired with that little OOR coil.

The racer 2 is what I am looking at. Service was the other issue I was worried about. Good to hear they address issues if they arise.

What's been said to you stinks of a pig farm!!!

The Makro Racer 2 is one of the most well built and well put together detector I've ever had the pleasure of handling!!

Now, if you said the same of the "Go Fund", I wouldn't say anything!!!

I've been using the red racer since August 2015....I would say that quality is anything but poor. I don't know what planet he was on when you spoke to him.

Des D said:
What's been said to you stinks of a pig farm!!!

The Makro Racer 2 is one of the most well built and well put together detector I've ever had the pleasure of handling!!

Now, if you said the same of the "Go Fund", I wouldn't say anything!!!

Lol. This was from a forum sponsor as well. I was surprised by his feelings about it. But not having any knowledge of this brand I could only listen.

Hmmm, was he out of stock or did he have one? Why would he carry and sell them if he thought that? I've never handled one but do have a friend that has one and he loves his. Only has great things to say about them. His reviews are what got me interested and he has one of the early ones.

I have owned a few detectors, and i can tell you the Red racer is really nice - when i hunt for copper nuggets in the road , i can tell mor about the target than any other machine I have owned. and i would have to agree the build is solid - and costumer support solid , only reason some may be selling them or one of the reason is they want the R2 i was going that way but am happy with the red racer ,as is the only quality issue of course was the stock coil breaking , and i knew that when i ordered mine but knowing they handle things well i went ahead and got one . and glad I did .

Did you ask the sponsor sold Makro detectors? Bet he don't and tried to talk you into a brand he sells.

I absolutely love my Racer and cant wait to get out with it again. Never had any issues with it at all and as far as the original issues,
they have been addressed and are no longer issues. You will not be sorry getting a Racer

I have used the Red Racer almost every weekend for the last 11 months. I had coil bolts break .....I had coils go into overload but all were replaced in days from contacting Makro and the distributor. I still have one of the coils that overloads when temps are below 40 degrees Fahrenheit but I turn the gain down to 39 an it works and it still found a .75 gram silver colonial coin at 3 inches on 39 gain/ sensitivity. My machine still is a little chatty if you are in areas where the coil bumps cornstalks or sappling nubs. I will be buying the Racer 2 because I like the product and customer service .....by the way it will pay for itself on battery life. I easily get 40 hours plus hunting out of 4 AA batteries. The other things is maybe luck or the right places but I can tell you the Racer has put some nice stuff in my relic cases and if you are a coin hunter ....you will love it ...

Got a racer with a R2 on the way. Quality is top notch and matched by their customer service. I've never had a problem with my racer and have no worries that Makro will make right if one does arise.