Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Racer 2 MGC Magic 13 Coil Problems

hitmeupz

Good evening Makro forum members. I'm here with a bit of a situation. Back in December I purchased a MGC Magic 13" coil for my Racer 2, and just this weekend I had time to try it out. It acts completely different than my stock coil. The Magic coil beeps in the middle of each of the D sections, and also only pinpoints in the same area. No center coil pinpointing like the stock coil. When going over a target it double beeps. I've tried Factory reset and ground balancing with same results. I'm hoping it's a pin-out issue that maybe I can resolve myself with some help, or can it be a winding error in the coil itself? I live in Mexico, and shipping is 60 USD to return for warranty, so trying to avoid that route. Any advice is appreciated. Maybe Makro or MGC techs can chime in. I included a video link of the problem, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules. Thank you. https://youtu.be/t-CU9oZSqK8

Probably a bad coil, maybe the company MGC gave you the wrong coil.
Its been said stay with genuine Nokta/Makro search coils..................

It is because the target is so close to the coil. Stock coils will do that too on some machines.

My Delta 6000 does it with the stock concentric...my T2 and F75 do it with stock coils...my Anfibio does it with stock coil.

I have the MGC 13 for the G2+....it will double beep as well. So will the big Nel/Cors and Mars coils.

As far as is nulling out when pin-pointing...mine does not do that on the G2+. So not sure on that bit.

TheHunterGT said:
It is because the target is so close to the coil. Stock coils will do that too on some machines.

As far as is nulling out when pin-pointing...mine does not do that on the G2+. So not sure on that bit.

Hey TheHunterGT, it double beeps no matter how close or far the target is. The double beeping I can deal with, but not being able to pinpoint in the center is a problem. Having to dig multiple holes in Mexico's rock hard ground just to find a target is really going to be a killer.

Yeah, that is odd for sure. Just tested the 13 on my G2+ and Delta to be 100%....no null spot...but they will double hit shallow. Not at depth though.

I see you say you factory reset it...so not sure what else it could be. Wish I could help.

The pin pointing in the empty space on both sides of the coil is strange for sure. Personally the only third party coils that never gave me any issues came from Detech. I'm very cautious with everything else.

Have you tried contacting MGC directly ? It would be in their best interest to make sure they sort the issue out and make it right for you.