Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Racer 2nd Test Gettin The Lead Out Episode 2 video

csarebelva

Taking the Racer out for the second time and hearing ton sounds and ID readings. Also Overload hang issue (unit gets stuck in overload) a few good finds and more opinion on the Racer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqfuEBFVmOY&feature=youtu.be

I have contacted Makro about the overload hang up and will post their reply and any future findings.

Thanks Boothbay - I contacted Detector Electronics (metaldetector.com) and they asked me to forward my question to Makro which I already have. Can't figure out why the coil cover would make a difference unless for some reason in cold weather pressure or moisture builds up in the gap (1/8 inch gap at center of coil cover to bottom of coil ....only in the center when on can you push the cover in). It ran without a glitch without the cover on. Could be coincidence ...not sure. Bad thing is I ordered an extra coil cover because I didn't know the unit came with one. ???? weird but I will post my findings and their reply.

Another great video. Nice job. I had the same issue with my Racer. I suspected the coil cover as well so I took it off and there was water underneath it from dew on the grass. I cleaned and dried it, put it back on and all was well till the next day. Did it again in the afternoon. All was dry but is was a bit cold. I suspect a bad run of coils as some guys I know are not having that issue. I contacted Makro and they were fantastic. Great customer service (Thanks Makro) Since then it has been in the 70s and no problems but there is an issue. We all hunt in the cold and need a machine that will work in those conditions. I am confident Makro will resolve the issue. The Racer is a great machine. Maybe we will make a video called "Getting the Bugs out" lol

Thanks Thardin88, Yes it only seemed to happen when the coil cover was on ....maybe coincidence ...not sure. i wrote them yesterday but have not heard back from them as of yet. I love the machine but this does worry me as i hate to limp a 1/4 of a mile into the woods and my machine not work. I prefer to have the cover on as well as i can already see a good mark in the edge of my coil from using it without one.

Thank you .. 2 Much Trash .... hopefully i will have some new places to venture soon and try this machine in other areas. Glad you enjoy the video ....hopefully they help a few people.

Just an update a follow up. I contacted Makro about the issue I was having with the overload and told them about only having issues when the coil cover was on. I also thought could this possibly be a slight increase in pressure issue as the plastics on the coil itself and on the cover could contract ever so slightly in colder weather. Could just that slight increase in pressure cause an issue somehow.... i will let their technicians figure it out.

I was amazed that in just a few hours they contacted me and told me they were going to go ahead and send me a replacement. Even though I had not requested one only told them I was concerned that it had done it a couple of times but had worked fine since.

Folks this is why I picked this company. ........something you don't see nowadays is a company willing to do what it takes to keep their customers happy and to put out the best product they can. I am pretty sure they have a fan for life as you just don't seem to get this kind of service anymore. This should be a note to everyone out there ..... there does now seem to be a company that knows if you take care of the customers and not worry about the profit margin you will eventually become well respected and much more profitable.

Now i guess I need to get in contact with Garrett about the $40 hand shovel I got from them that was made in China and bent the first day i used it.