Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Racer issues I'm experiencing

Tom Slick said:
Southwind, I think you hit the nail on the head. The Racer is indeed setup very hot in the factory presets compared to many other detectors.
And that in itself is what a lot of detectorist can't come to grips with. Most are used to using a mundane setting on a lot of machines thinking it's hot. I'd never really used a machine like these until November and then the Racer came along and it had an even higher gain setting. It's exploring what we've always thought to be the gospel khz wise and gain. My mind has been changed on that idea.

Oddly I'm able to run my Racer at 98 gain (99 makes it a bit noisey, but 98 is solid), with zero disc/ID filter, and it runs stable as can be, and in this configuration the 5" coil is unbelievable deep, so far, it's every bit as deep as the 11" DD.

same for me cal,mine runs very quite,i can run the big rc 40 coil at 95 sensitivity,no chatter at all..the stock coil i run at max all the time and is also quite!!

A hot machine I can deal with, a machine that chatters when the sensity/gain is set to zero tells me ther ed is something wrong. I'm hoping a new coil fixes this. And hopefully it's not on backorder for 6 weeks. Yikes!

Once i got the email saying i was getting a new coil, it was at my door the next day..makro over nighted it to me..great service

Are you serious undrpar? That's great news!

Update: just got an email from Cavit at Makro. The coil has been sent and should be here on Friday.

That's good news. Let us know how it goes

Just a quick update: I received my replacement stock coil from Makro today. Rush delivery from Istanbul. The coil "ear" tags are a much thicker plastic which is good because my other is getting a large crack in it. Also, I quickly tested it tonight and it no longer overloads, and seems much more stable. The coil came with a xl t-shirt and a bag of extra bolts, nuts, and washers.
Anyone else experiencing these issues I recommend contacting Makro for a replacement. They should take care of you!

That's the same service I received except that my new coil has tabs or ears the same thickness as the one that broke.