Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Racer RC26 10x5” question....

horikindaguy

after 2 emails to Dilek with no response figured I'd post my question here....

I was wondering, how do I tell if I have the ‘new’ version of the 6x10?

you mentioned in a post that there were problems with this one but they were corrected....

so, what were the 'corrections' and how do I tell if I have a potentially 'bad' one?

I had the ears break on my 5.5 x 10 coil and they replaced it. On the older coils the outside of the ears is straight. On the newer ones there is a built up area on the outside of the ears for reinforcement.

JEF said:
I had the ears break on my 5.5 x 10 coil and they replaced it. On the older coils the outside of the ears is straight. On the newer ones there is a built up area on the outside of the ears for reinforcement.

thanks, I'll take a look at mine....

did yours break installing it? hard to imagine it breaking while detecting?

No, I was out detecting. I noticed that the coil would not stay straight and level. I went to tighten the nut, and it just fell off of the rod. Both ears had broken into several pieces. Then, just recently the same thing happened with the stock 7 x 11 coil. They replaced that one also, but I was irritated because I had to pay to ship both coils back to have them replaced.

horikindaguy said:

you mentioned in a post that there were problems with this one but they were corrected....

so, what were the 'corrections' and how do I tell if I have a potentially 'bad' one?

Hello... I responded to yor email ..sorry I could not get back to you right away but I also handle all Sales & Marketing for Nokta & Makro.
I asked for the serial number of your coil for verification in my email.
You can email me back and I will get it checked.

Nokta Detectors said:
horikindaguy said:

Hello... I responded to yor email ..sorry I could not get back to you right away but I also handle all Sales & Marketing for Nokta & Makro.
I asked for the serial number of your coil for verification in my email.
You can email me back and I will get it checked.

yes, thanks for getting back, guess you are really busy, I've email'ed the SN....

I also have e-mail twice with no response. There is no phone to call and your response addresses the poster only and does not help anyone who might be in the same situation. Below is a copy of the second e-mail sent via the tech support for. This time I made a copy as the form does not provide an option to receive a copy of the out going message.

I would appreciate any help from anyone as to resolve this issue.

===================================
Submission to Makro Tech Support

Friday, October 21, 2016

Product Information
Makro Racer (1)
90000353/03211
Problem Description

To whom it may concern,

Last week I sent a message to you using the form regarding the the process to replace under warranty / recall a RC29 (90000488/ 0639:geek: search coil a with a broken ear. I understand that things can get busy but at this point I have not received a reply in well OVER A WEEK! As I am sure you are aware that positive customer satisfaction is integral to a long term successful business I am sure you are as concern as myself to getting this issue resolve quickly. It is no fun detecting on a beach with a small coil. I would appreciate it if you would reply via e-mail in the near term.

Regards,

Steven xxxx
hansnemo2@gmail.com
Do you need a picture of the coil?

I am sure you will get some answers to any concerns you have here, and I sent you an e-mail less than five minutes ago. I noticed you only have 1 post on Findmall, but hang in there as you are mingling with a good crowd who use top-end quality detectors produced by one of the classiest manufacturers I have even known. Very consumer oriented!

Best of success with your Racer.

Monte

hansnemo said:
I also have e-mail twice with no response. There is no phone to call and your response addresses the poster only and does not help anyone who might be in the same situation. Below is a copy of the second e-mail sent via the tech support for. This time I made a copy as the form does not provide an option to receive a copy of the out going message.

I would appreciate any help from anyone as to resolve this issue.

===================================
Submission to Makro Tech Support

Friday, October 21, 2016

Product Information
Makro Racer (1)
90000353/03211
Problem Description

To whom it may concern,

Last week I sent a message to you using the form regarding the the process to replace under warranty / recall a RC29 (90000488/ 0639:geek: search coil a with a broken ear. I understand that things can get busy but at this point I have not received a reply in well OVER A WEEK! As I am sure you are aware that positive customer satisfaction is integral to a long term successful business I am sure you are as concern as myself to getting this issue resolve quickly. It is no fun detecting on a beach with a small coil. I would appreciate it if you would reply via e-mail in the near term.

Regards,

Steven xxxx
hansnemo2@gmail.com
Do you need a picture of the coil?

Hello Steven. I checked and no messages came thru this email address. I am having the IT guy check the form and the website for any possible issues. Meanwhile, send me an email directly at dilek@noktadetectors.com along with the picture of the coil and the serial number and I will personally handle it. I apologize for any inconvenience.

that is well-run with a first class individual making sure she stays on top of their consumers. No other detector manufacturer shows the care and concern, and direct factory involvement, like we see from Dilek and the folks at Nokta/Makro Detectors.

I/We all send our 'Thank You' for your service.

Monte

I thought it is now an appropriate time to update my post with shout outs and current situation.

The first thing I should clarify is that the coil was a RC29 not and RC26

First is to Monte V. Berry Sr. who pointed me to http://www.metaldetector.com/ for assistance in replacing my coil with the broken ear.

Next is kodos to Michael in support who expeditiously shipped me a replacement.

Due to metaldetector.com 's excellent service I did not have a requirement to contact Makro directly.

There were a couple of issues that I had questions on.

1. I was given to understand that the coil had been redesigned so that the ears on the new coils were in fact thicker. I could not tell visually that the ears were any thicker on the replacement than on the original. I tried contacting metaldetector.com to find out if there were any serial number cutoffs or other ways that I could determine exactly what I had.

The only thing that I think I learned was that there are four versions of the coil metaldetector.com did not have any specific info on how to tell the various versions apart.

Though not an impediment to my metal detecting activities I would like to know if any has info such as serial number cutoffs that would me to identify the various version.

After installing the replacement coil I enjoyed about 25 minutes of uneventful metal detecting before the ids went haywire and started jumping randomly across the entire range.

I went home and changed back to the 5 inch coil. The unit settled down. Swapped them a few times with the result being stability with the 5" and instability with the RC29.

During this process without thinking I tightened the rod. The RC29 seemed to stabilize. Do not know if the tightening fixed the problem but there seems to me some logic that the RC29 is heavier than the 5" and after 25 minutes of use caused the rod loosen to the point it caused problems.

Do not know if this is real, a common problem, if the tightening fixed the issue etc... but I thought I would put it into the ether for the record.

Bottom line is I finally got in 3 hours of detecting yesterday. If the pile of bottle caps, lead weights, tin foil, pop tops and pair of rusty pointy scissors are an indicator I feel confident that I am finally setup to hunt trash on the beaches of San Clemente, Ca with the best of you.

Again thanks for the help

Hello all. FYI - we no longer send the R29 as a replacement coil nor we include it in the Racer packages.
We send the RC29V as a replacement coil as well as supplying it as the standard coil in the Racer packages.

JEF said:

I recently purchased a used Racer 2. When the gentleman was disassembling it for shipping he noticed one of the ears on the RC26 coil was broken. He discounted the detector for me so I have no issues with it. It is in excellent shape and doesn't appear to have been used very much.

I just super glued the ear and will further reinforce it and see how it goes, but coming upon this thread, I noticed that it is the newer style with the reinforcement on the outside of the ear.

Hopefully this is a one off incident as I have no idea of what has happened before I bought it.

I am very pleased with my detector and suspect it will be my go to detector from now on