Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro Racer vs Makro Racer 2

Before I take the plunge, what is the difference in the Racer and Racer 2. Also please explain with results what the deep setting does that the first Racer wouldn't do.

Well besides the deep mode the spread of the 100 points on the VDI is vastly different.
On red racer 1-40 is ferrous and 41-99 is non ferrous.
On the racer 2 the ferrous zone is only 1-10 and non ferrous is 21-99. This spreads all the targets out more making is easier to figure out what's under the coil.
The red racer and fors core both had a small issue that bothered some about lumping many targets in the 80s.
Also the racer 2 allows you to save your settings. When you set the machine in any and all modes, you can scroll down and save it so you don't have to set it each time you power on.
The red racer will boot up at factory setting each time.
I don't use factory settings so this feature is very nice!!!

The racer 2 allows you to use the newest 2.4 GHz wireless headphones from makro. The racer 1 has optional Bluetooth wireless headphones which isn't as fast as the racer 2 headphones.

Hmmm. There is also iSat which is mostly used in the all metal mode but does have an effect on all modes as far as mineralization indication as I found out from Keith southerns video on this.

Unless you get one of the brand newest red racer, the handle style on the red racer has a much more abrupt curve to it than the more comfortable (in my opinion) r
racer 2. However I have heard they are making the red racer now with the racer 2 style pole and handle however you would have to verify through the dealer which you are buying.

The racer 2 also has notch filtering allowing you to block out only certain vdi numbers. They both have I'd filtering that you can block from a number and below but notching allows you to pickspecific numbers you want t to ignore.

The racer two has iron audio/volume feature which allows you to adjust how loud the lowest group/low tone is
Which brings me to tone break. On the racer 2 you can adjust the tone break points. On two tone it adjust where the tone goes from iron grunt to high tone. On three tone you can set both the spot from grunt to mid and the mid to high point.

Also you can set the audio frequency for each level to be better suited for your ears. :) :)

Hope this helps!!!

P.s. for the cost if you're thinking about the racer 2, the new nokta impact pro pack is only $50 more.
Just food for thought

That was cool Stefan....I don't have either, and I knew they were different, but didn't know the difference...Still digging my Fors Relic.....

Yeah me too.
Monte just said in another thread that his impact won't replace the core or the relic just like his relic didn't replace his core. Different machines despite their similarities.
Same goes for me with my racer 2 and relic. Similar in function but definitely not the same which is why I'm keeping both.

Correction to above post:
The racer 2 ferrous range is 1-10, nonferrous is 11-99 not 21-99. My relic is 21-99. Getting confused here haha

Thanks for the details! I bought the Red Racer for $350 and think it's a good deal. After using my Tesoro Tejon this Makro is a noisy machine. I did find a few items at an old house site that I am pounding. It's deep and accurate but I find the whole VDI thing distracting.