Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Malaysian Explorer SE Pro OK

SAGITTARIUS

I sold an Explorer II to try the new Garrett AT Pro. Sold the AT Pro to get another Explorer II. Sold that one to get a Fisher Gold Bug. Replaced the Gold Bug with a used but like new Explorer SE Pro from Richard@ Backwoods. I had found deep coins with the AT Pro but few with the Gold Bug. Of the about 25 detectors I have tried over the last two years, nothing can match the Explorers. I assembled the Se and headed out to a local 1924 park. I passed on the first iffy signal but dug the second one. Wow, not only silver but my second ever Barber dime, a 1915 popped out. Second target was a spent shell cartridge marked Western 29. My thanks to Findmall Forums, Richard and Bryce's setting for increasing my enjoyment of this hobby.

Don, I hear what you are saying loud and clear. I too have tried every detector made and here is the "kicker". Every single detector I ever have tried, I was constantly comparing it to the Explorer. With that said,ever since the first XS, the competition has been playing catch up. I am not knocking the other brands as there are some hot detectors out there today, but the every Explorer from old to new are still the detectors making the great finds. I guess it will take no more than just looking at these forums to justify that statement.

OK SAGGITARIUS AND RLOH,PLEASE HELP ME OUT . I AM THINKING OF BUYING A SE PRO. WHAT IS THE LEARNING CURVE TO GET INTO THIS MACHINE? WHAT CAN I EXPECT? PLEASE SHARE
THANKS,JIM

Jim,
I started with a Quattro and then moved on to an Explorer. The sounds were very confusing. But by reading this forum I started picking up hints on how use this detector. Settings, hunting by sounds, checking depth, two way signals, listening to the threshold, iffy signals and many more topics are covered by expert members. After many hours detecting it started to make sense. Then it began to get easier but I have never stop learning. Andy Sabisch's book is a great help as it has the settings and techniques of many experts. I remember the first mercury dime I found with the Quattro. I was so excited I called my wife and asked her come over to see the hole where I found the dime. Hope this helps.

I bought a SE Pro January; traded in my Explorer II, and so far this year found 101 silver coins. Also found 44 Indian Heads, 6 large pennies, 463 Wheats, etc. I have found a total of 1,345 coins this year. I used my Garrett 2500 at a yard last year and thought I searched out; took in the Explorer and found 2 Indian Heads and a silver dime and a lot of pennies. Granted I search yards mostly but I have dug dimes and pennies at 10 inches.

The learning curve is not bad at all. Like Bryce has said use the target screen and not numbers.

Rick

Explorers are great for deep silver but lets not forget X-terras for general park hunting where a 1-100 meter is invaluable for clad and gold rings, certainly could mention some other brand units along the X-terra line but remember from the old cowboy movies the old gunslingers had a gun on each hip and a smart detectorist will follow the same scenario.

Hunting in a local park for clad with an Explorer is like shooting rabbits with a 30-06 kind of thing...and certainly some other units come to mind which excell on gold rings...

DAN-PA. I DON'T HAVE THE FOGGIEST IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.LIKE CLEAR AS MUD
SORRY,PLEASE PUT THAT IN ENGLISH!!