Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MAN MY SHOULDER HURTS

xyvolsfanyx

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THE V3 IS A BIG FAT PIG? YEAH THE TECHNOLOGY IS GREAT BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I HURT! I AM AT THE POINT THAT IF I KNOW MY TRIP IS MORE THAN A HOUR I CHOOSE TO TAKE A ACE 250 OR A FISHER F4

Yes I think your the only one,
Its Like a thin ketty (Meyow)
Try shorting the lower rod so your elbow is almost stright, Mickfin

That is nice...put the V3 up for trade/sell 4 hours ago...then come and bad mouth the unit!!!

REAL SMART

Find a way to adjust your swing that is comfortable. The V3 is a lighter unit that previous units. I've used an Eagle Spectrum for years and couldn't believe the difference in weight. That and drink a protein shake every morning at breakfast. Protein builds muscle and will help that arm build up to detecting standards :)

I'll trade you for my 6000 di pro ...work out with that barbell for a while...improve your muscle tone/mass then MAYBE I'll trade you back........NOT......kidding aside..I picked one up at the shop the other day and was marveling at how light it was and thought I could go all day with that one..and I'm no spring chicken! Maybe there is some kind of shoulder strap like you use with a weed wacker.

seriously... i was just picking at it a little the v3 is a excellent machine it is one of the best target id machines that i have seen if i had it to do over i would probably get a lighter machine though

xyvolsfanyx said:
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THE V3 IS A BIG FAT PIG? YEAH THE TECHNOLOGY IS GREAT BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I HURT! I AM AT THE POINT THAT IF I KNOW MY TRIP IS MORE THAN A HOUR I CHOOSE TO TAKE A ACE 250 OR A FISHER F4

Something tells me there is another big fat pig here

I have hunted for several hours at a time, and even with the Super 12 coil on, I don't find it heavy at all.

If I'm running a 5.3 coil or a say a 6T for a while and go to the V...yeah. But heck, it's all relative. Few minutes reaclimating and no issue at all. Until the day where we beem the info, to and from the coil, all weights can be to much due to physical limitations or what we are used to. Most people find this "weight group" plenty light. (Wonder if a "Huverround" attachment is marketable?)

njgreg said:
xyvolsfanyx said:

Something tells me there is another big fat pig here

You might be right! The For Trade/For Sale post has gone BYE BYE ???

Jerry

did someone hit a big ole sore spot with your precious little v's saying it is light compared to earlier models is like saying a hummer h3 is light compared to the h2 it is still a big suv at 4.7 un-advertised pounds it is fat compared to some other models again i say i like the technology and i thought i would get over the weight but no as far as it being for sale why should you care if someone that might like it better than me gets it isn't that better for all of us?and the hobby?

as far as all the personal comments not one of you know me

The shaft so it puts the coil about 1/2" above the ground on a good sweep. That should solve the problem. I am 65 and I swing my SE and Safari adjusted that way along with every other machine I have. Then if I am feeling real whimpy I go get my Swingy Thingy that I have had for about 8 or 10 years and use that. No sore shoulder. That should take care of the problem. Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

I never had a problem swinging a detector.Now,its my changed method of swinging that can tire my arm a little,no matter which detector I use.Detecting dirt is no problem,but when Im in the grass I find I can pick up some signals better scrubbing the grass,that is,putting some downward pressure on the coil when swinging.

xyvolsfanyx said:

LOL...You come on with the CAP LOCK -->ON

Compaire an Ace 250/F4 to a V3
At the same time you "HAD" your V3 up for --->Trade/Sale

Your story...you tell it :)

:nopity:

i didn't COMPARE anything (in this instance the caps draw attention to the correctly spelled word) i said if i was going to be more than a hour i was taking one of those machines according to your own signature you don't even have a ace, f4, or a v3 so at this point i have to ask why do you even care? by the way both the ace and the f4 weigh in the 2 lb range as far as cap lock on who really cares it doesn't mean anything except nice big letters when i print i use caps because i like them see the post about shortening the shaft and having the arm straight is helpful in fact i am going to try that maybe i am not adjusted correctly because i like the coil out in front of me but to the bottom line if i do descide to keep,sell, trade, give away, take it apart and drill holes in it it is all good because there are hundrends of detectors and i am sure there is one that is perfect for me and my style

>>maybe i am not adjusted correctly<<

;-|
OK. Good Luck on the adjustments :)

Jerry

I had serious shoulder problems with my MXT...I shortend the rod a notch or two,,,,and it made a huge difference..I had some minor back pain,that is all gone too.