Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Man-o-man!!!

mwaynebennett

So I spend hundreds of hours getting muddy, digging countless holes, and scratching my head as to where I could successfully search for a silver US coin. Last year I did find a 1957 Canadian dime, but that was not a 90% silver US coin.

Well, yesterday I stopped by Winco Foods and in my change back was a standing Liberty US quarter. It was so old the date was worn off.

Maybe I should spend more time shopping than swinging. Last year I also got an Indian head nickel in change.

Geez!

Mark

That is awesome!! I don't even have one of those in my collection. I would buy one, but I really want my first one to be found detecting....might take a while. Congrats on that find!!

Here is a pic of the coin. Wouldn't you think that the clerk who accepted the coin from another customer would have either thought it to be bogus or recognize it as something exceptional? Wouldn't' you think that the other customer who spent it would also? And the clerk who gave it to me in change... wouldn't you think they would have seen it as something out of the ordinary?

The lesson here is that most folks are totally out of it, which explains the state of our nation.

Mark

mwaynebennett said:
Here is a pic of the coin. Wouldn't you think that the clerk who accepted the coin from another customer would have either thought it to be bogus or recognize it as something exceptional? Wouldn't' you think that the other customer who spent it would also? And the clerk who gave it to me in change... wouldn't you think they would have seen it as something out of the ordinary?

The lesson here is that most folks are totally out of it, which explains the state of our nation.

Mark

Amen! Older coins start circulating again during hard times, people are getting into their old stashes.