Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manito Park, Spokane,Washington

BillF

On the off chance that the folks involved are reading this post let me say thank you in advance for helping to get detecting shut down in our city parks.
Wednesday night I went to the park to pick up my wife from an orchid club meeting. I see you 2 get out of your car at 8:30, in the dark with your SHOVELS. You have to hunt in the dark because you have SHOVELS??? Thanks guys!
Last year I got booted from a park because of insensitive digging in the park. I can't tell you thanks enough for screwing it up for everybody. And if you are reading this, don't give me the 'ol cock and bull story about how good your plugs are. No shovels means no shovels.

These guys were on the outside of an area that's off limits to detecting which may be another reason they are out in the dark. I'm sure others have snuck into this area before but without constant hunting there may well be plenty of good targets. The main thing is, park personnel are there until after 9:00. If they catch them and bring it up to upper management detecting at this park or any city park could come to an end.

I don't know what one can do either. Talking with them usually doesn't work. Most know better but use shovels anyway. Maybe a flat tire will get their attention? HH jim tn

Oh I wouldn't want to do anything Jim. I'm just P.O.'d about getting kicked from a 140 year old park then seeing these folks doing exactly what they know they shouldn't and possibly not having this park to hunt in the future. We had another 115+ year old closed in the last couple of years because someone found an old bottle dump in it and I'm sure you can guess the rest of the story.

But maybe they can only crawl out from under rock's at night. Idiots that like to brake the law.:rant: