Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore vs 3030 vs e-trac

If you were currently using a e-trac and looking at newer technology. What are the pros and cons of these two. Main hunting is old homesteads. Our property that bordered a late 1800s fort. Once or twice a year trip to the water (have an excalibur for that). Do either of these bring much to the table compared to the etrac?

thanks

I loved the etrac but the CTX has some attractive advantages , better screen and target trace , "waterproof" and what I felt was better separation and ID. The CTX has the unattractive feature of being way too expensive and you are buying a built in GPS unit that you may never use. If you have a use for it then the choice is easy. Who knows on the M-core , it isn't in very many hands yet. Production units may leak like sieves and break like crazy like it's ancestors. If the M-core is in the mix I wouldn't shell out any cash for one for six months or so. I would find a used Legend for six months before/if i was going to buy another.

I loved the etrac but the CTX has some attractive advantages , better screen and target trace , "waterproof" and what I felt was better separation and ID. The CTX has the unattractive feature of being way too expensive and you are buying a built in GPS unit that you may never use. If you have a use for it then the choice is easy. Who knows on the M-core , it isn't in very many hands yet. Production units may leak like sieves and break like crazy like it's ancestors. If the M-core is in the mix I wouldn't shell out any cash for one for six months or so. I would find a used Legend for six months before/if i was going to buy another.
when I saw the manticore was coming out it perked my interest. Particularly size and weight, if it is a good machine. Was not thinking CTX, but I see several used hitting the market for pretty reasonable amount. Really curious to see how the two stack up.

Rockford has a CTX with three coils in the ads that's a good deal. If you are in an area where you can detect now and wanted to check a CTX out while waiting to see how the M-core works in the real world , you would probably be able to get your money back if you decided to go with the M-core. You might have to eat the shipping but it would be worth it to satisfy your curiosity. The CTX is the real deal just take precautions if you put it in the water.

Rockford has a CTX with three coils in the ads that's a good deal. If you are in an area where you can detect now and wanted to check a CTX out while waiting to see how the M-core works in the real world , you would probably be able to get your money back if you decided to go with the M-core. You might have to eat the shipping but it would be worth it to satisfy your curiosity. The CTX is the real deal just take precautions if you put it in the water.
That is probably the ad that got me thinking about the CTX. MSP area?

If you were currently using a e-trac and looking at newer technology. What are the pros and cons of these two. Main hunting is old homesteads. Our property that bordered a late 1800s fort. Once or twice a year trip to the water (have an excalibur for that). Do either of these bring much to the table compared to the etrac?

thanks
I know you asked about specific machines Clay, and don’t mean to derail your question. But…if you’re hunting old homesteads with an abundance of nails and small iron, you might want to look in the direction of something faster. The complete Deus2 setup can be bought for $1,250 shipped to your door, and it will separate out those masked targets at a higher rate than the CTX or eTrac. You can also very confidently take it in the water should you want to. I hunt places like old fairgrounds that are a complete nightmare because of all the nails from rotted out and burnt down buildings, but the old coins are there. The D2 has found a ridiculous number of coppers and silvers in the whole 2 months I’ve had it, the rate at which it’s finding stuff has me convinced something MUCH different is going on. I’ve used the Explorers and CTX for 7 years in these places, and the D2 is putting them to shame…badly. Time marchs on, tech marches on. It’s just an idea because of where you hunt, this is where the XP machines shine. No matter your choice, good luck!

I know you asked about specific machines Clay, and don’t mean to derail your question. But…if you’re hunting old homesteads with an abundance of nails and small iron, you might want to look in the direction of something faster. The complete Deus2 setup can be bought for $1,250 shipped to your door, and it will separate out those masked targets at a higher rate than the CTX or eTrac. You can also very confidently take it in the water should you want to. I hunt places like old fairgrounds that are a complete nightmare because of all the nails from rotted out and burnt down buildings, but the old coins are there. The D2 has found a ridiculous number of coppers and silvers in the whole 2 months I’ve had it, the rate at which it’s finding stuff has me convinced something MUCH different is going on. I’ve used the Explorers and CTX for 7 years in these places, and the D2 is putting them to shame…badly. Time marchs on, tech marches on. It’s just an idea because of where you hunt, this is where the XP machines shine. No matter your choice, good luck!
Thanks for your advice

Own a CTX 3030 and drowned it twice. Very heavy, but I still used the 17" coil. Owned 2 Equinox 800s, drowned the first one twice and after warranty was up gave it to sister and bought another 800 w free 15" coil. Hunt mostly Gulf. Basically retired CTX 3030 to my back-up (no longer under warranty) and use the new 800 because of warranty. For me GPS not used and thus a waste, so far, and I feel Nox 800 is by far a better deal; esp if you get a free 15" coil. But Newer 700 and 900 are on their way with better water proofing!