Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manual ground Balance

wildbill!!

How do y'all ground balance your machine? I usually just l hit the button and pump the coil and let the machine do it but I haven't ever manually ground balance the ATPRO. Do any of you manually ground balance?

If I have its been so long I can't recall. I have fairly moderate ground and a quick 2-3 pumps usually does the g/b trick for me. Why do you ask? HH Jim tn

I have a friend who has been detecting for 45+ years and has owned many machines, he claims that manually ground balancing your machine is the way to go. He tells me that when the machine automatically ground balances itself it is on the high end of the spectrum and this will cause you to lose a little depth and miss small deep objects. He says he always manually ground balances and ends up with a lower setting . I've always let the machine do the ground balancing for me and I don't really see how manually ground balancing could make much of a difference. I was just wondering if anyone else manually ground balanced their machines.

I always manually ground balance my machines. And am very curious and surprised jimtn doesn't.. Coming from a very experienced detectorist with many years of probing the ground. I may change my protocol. hhrickinmi

I always manually ground balance my machines. And am very curious and surprised jimtn doesn't.. Coming from a very experienced detectorist with many years of probing the ground. I may change my protocol. hhrickinmi
So you think manual ground balancing makes a difference?

I hunt in variable ground conditions in MI. I've had great success. But I can't prove what I'm doing is right every time. It does seem to calm the machine down and I gain a bit of depth. hhrickinmi

Darn that's quite impressive wildwilly!!!. Give it a try. I've been detecting a mere 14 years. I've had only 5 machines. The at pro is fun to swing. Because of its water proof ability. But most of my machines I would manually ground balance. Any time I can find a clean spot to accomplish it. Alot of times it doesn't happen with to many hits in the soil. hhrickinmi