Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manual vs Automatic ground balance?

Well that's something you'll have to experiment with in your own soil. In my moderate black dirt manual adds about an inch to the maximum I can get. But even that can vary.

Depth is another undefined term when digging near or in the salt water. Both..... are fixed GB..... unless you are using tracking. Tracking is the only one that follows whats happening in the soil.... and you could loose depth. Fixed....... get it wrong and you loose depth....... lots of depth. One reason i prefer the default 0 GB in most cases for beach hunting is i hear the response....... near the hard pan i get more mineral chatter..... fluffy sand it gets a little quieter. Gives you some idea what kind of target may be there. consider fixed GB being a straight line and the ground going up and down in a wavy line......now ..... allow the machine to set it in the dry sand that may or may not be way off base compared to wet sand or in the water. If its to high you will miss the small stuff.... to low and you get a lot of chatter that affects what you hear or how you have to do your settings.