Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

March with the 705

mojotrout

Wanted to share the loot Ive found in the first month of my second year of MD-ing. The 705 is sniffing out silver at a more frequent clip than my detectors did last year. Is that coincidence? Am I merely finding better hunting grounds? I dont know, but Im not going to over-think it.

[attachment 288007 photo11.JPG]
The silver-to-wheat ratio is about 4.3 to 1. That's better than the 6 to 1 from last year. Wheats from 1919 - 1945, silver from 1928-1956. Found my first harmonica reed, British 2 pence, and that little coin is a 1948 10 cent piece from the Netherlands.

[attachment 288008 photo21.JPG]
Not sure how old this broach is--rang up in the 32-36 zone. Looks antique though.

[attachment 288009 photo3.JPG]
Also found this military bar pin, a silver Siamese pendant dated to the late 30's-early 40's, a silver ring, and an equestrian buckle of some sort.

I hunted sidewalk strips almost exclusively this past month, the only exceptions were the old house down the block where the half-dollar came from ( I posted that one already), and an old Forest Service base camp for fire fighters where the Siamese pendant and a few of the wheaties came from.

Thanks for taking the time to look. The 705 is being good to me!

:thumbup: Looks like a good start to the season to me! Great finds!

Great finds! I had a feeling you would enjoy the X-terra! Not surprised you are finding better stuff than your previous units, at least that's what I experienced quickly after switching to the X-terra. If I remember correctly, I believe I was recommending the X-terra for you awhile back, I'm glad you are liking it. Finding is believing. HH, Scott

atomicscott said:
Great finds! I had a feeling you would enjoy the X-terra! Not surprised you are finding better stuff than your previous units, at least that's what I experienced quickly after switching to the X-terra. If I remember correctly, I believe I was recommending the X-terra for you awhile back, I'm glad you are liking it. Finding is believing. HH, Scott

yes you were Scott. You and a few others convinced me to take the plunge and Im glad I did. There were things I liked about my other detectors but Im happy to be swinging the 705 and dont see that changing anytime soon. It does pretty good on silver and I'll be investing in the 18kHz coil for nugget shooting this summer so hopefully I'll have some pics of the yellow stuff to post.

Nice silver, tough to find in my local. cool broach!..... Their is a HF DD elliptical 4 sale in the classified. It's so light you won't even know its there, can swing it for hours.

Seeing your finds makes me even more excited about getting my 705 on Tuesday. It's really nice to see that your silver ratio is going up. Nice Finds, love the big silver and that cameo is really cool, thanks for posting. I have been hunting a lot of sidewalk strips lately myself and doing pretty well. Good luck in your future hunts.