Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MARIPOSA

Buck

Hey Grubstake, saw a special on TV about your town. California Gold with Huel Houser. Says there are no red lites in the whole county of Mariposa. Is it true??? Also about I think it was called Cousin, or uncle Jacks music store. Ever been there???? Seems like an interesting guy.

Yes thats true, not a single light{traffic} in all of Mariposa county, POP. 1769 And yes Cousin Jacks store is only a block from me, but he died about a year and a half ago. He was the Hon. Mayor of Mariposa. Its a nice place to live, I have been here since the late 1980's Grubstake

I can second Grubstakes love of Mariposa. I don't live there, but I have spent five summers around there, and go up as often as I can. I am also thinking of perhaps
moving there sometime, it's one of the best kept secrets in California.
SSsshhhhh.

It was fantastic in the 50-80's but moved too far away now. I have movies and many pics of parades,picnics and tons a gold too!! The state mining museum (geology)is there with some MASSIVE nuggets also. I've sold my claims now and still remember growing up in a 1 store town a Bagby on the river where ya traded gold for tackle and groceries at the store.Tons a au 2 u 2-John