Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mark 1

Low-Boy/LCPM

This is a great forum and I own the 6000XL and a Mark 1 that is my analog stash. Any one using the Mark 1? I have a few questions.

Keith built me a Mark 1 and it is a wonderful looking machine. Nice and slow is the name of the game and I am a fast sweeper so live and learn.
I could see how it would lock onto targets and how if there were more then one target it would lock on to each target and let go to lock on the next target.

I was told by Paul that you could execept nickel and pennies and dimes and quarters and so on and lock out pull tabs and bottle caps.

Will you lose many gold rings? I am going to run my own test on rings that I found on my XL PRO and see what I am losing if anything. How about bronze and copper?

The other thing is the sound of good targets... some of the nickels came in as a mid beep and others, pennies and dimes and up the scale sounded like a whale? Can you program that. Some sounds were very clean and others had a freq of high tones and then lower tones and then higher tones. What am I to listen for, and what is the trick to lock on good tarets.

I could ground balance in Calif ground in the Gold Country and run sens high so I am happy with that and it pin points ver well.

Any tips you guys have to get me to the next level would be a help. Do any of you guys use the detector in large fields at schools with the 10'' coil? I used the 7 inch coil and it seemed to work very well. I was in an area that didn't have a lot of trash.

Thanks

Lawrenzo

Glad you came here Icpm. Tell us more about the Mark 1. It sounds very interesting. Is there a place on the web where I can see one or read about it? My 6000 SL is my main sweetheart but I do fool around from time to time.:)

Sen me you E-mail and I will send you some photos of the detector and my finds for the day!

Here is a review this machine is very fast on multy targets and in high trash and goes as deep if not deeper as my 6000XL there is a guy that is making them at his shop in Texas and he soups them up for depth. I got it for the schools that are loaded with trash...there are some great coins and rings lost in the junk kids toss.

HERE IS THE REVIEW FROM TWENTY YEARS AGO...

Finding three wheat-eared pennies may not sound like an earthshaking treasure hunting accomplishment. Yet, I re-covered the trio in a heavily-hunted campground area near my home in northern California, and that defi-nitely got my attention. The discov-ery of four more

getting better depth with a Mark I than with an XL Pro (6000 Pro XL)!!

If you're in really, really good ground, the Mark I can do 'OK,' but if you've got much mineralization, the XL Pro will generally get better in-ground performance.

I tell you the Mark 1 was super charged by the guy that built it and it has depth very good depth. I would have to do a test on both machines side by side to see how the XL PRO does but I always use the XL as my main machine the Mark 1 is for trash.