Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Marking my one year detecting with a great hunt (probably never happen again)

MikeyStwoTimes

I'm pretty sure I'll never experience again what I did on today's hunt. I had a SLOW start at a secret spot for about two hours. I'd been checking a lidar map I had made, exploring features that looked interesting. Nothing good except for a copper plated dandy button. I put the map away and went with logic for a spot I thought might be promising. First target was a two-piece eagle button. Second target: VA half penny. Third: VA half penny! Fourth: VA HALF PENNY!!! Unreal. Then came a silver dandy button (tarnished, not plated). Capped it off with a small cuff button before heading home. I hadn't realized I'd dug three VA half pennies until I got home and got them cleaned up a little (more work to be done). I can say pretty confidently that I'll never do that again. But if I do!

Attachments

• 20231108_191426.jpg
    20231108_191426.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • 20231108_184858.jpg
    20231108_184858.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20231108_184932.jpg
    20231108_184932.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20231108_191314.jpg
    20231108_191314.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
Awesome 😎 finds!!

I'm pretty sure I'll never experience again what I did on today's hunt. I had a SLOW start at a secret spot for about two hours. I'd been checking a lidar map I had made, exploring features that looked interesting. Nothing good except for a copper plated dandy button. I put the map away and went with logic for a spot I thought might be promising. First target was a two-piece eagle button. Second target: VA half penny. Third: VA half penny! Fourth: VA HALF PENNY!!! Unreal. Then came a silver dandy button (tarnished, not plated). Capped it off with a small cuff button before heading home. I hadn't realized I'd dug three VA half pennies until I got home and got them cleaned up a little (more work to be done). I can say pretty confidently that I'll never do that again. But if I do!
Goodness, heck of an outing, congrats!