Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Marko Racer, Racer 2, Gold Racer On-Off-Vol Knob

flysar

I always wear headphones when using my Gold Racer until I forgot my headphones and figured I'd just keep the volume low for a quick scan of a tot lot.
The On-Off-Vol Knob didn't allow for a gradual adjustment once turned on. I get no volume until 12 o'clock and it's fairly loud and then increases from there while turning.
Are the Racers set that way or is mine faulty?

That being so it is at the 'OFF' mark on the housing when turned 'OFF,' then I don't hear an audible response from the speaker until I increase it to the 9 o'clock position or slightly more.

Naturally it will also depend on an individual's hearing ability and mine is definitely impaired. Plus how close or far your ear is from the speaker. This allows for a functional low-end Volume adjustment with many headphones. Personally, I always wear my 2.4 Gig wireless headphones or corded headphones as I don't like to rely on the speaker to attract attention, especially from young kinds who can pester me to an annoying limit at times.

But yes, that is normal. You might want to double check the knob position on your unit's control shaft.

Monte

Hi Monte,
Hope all is well in Eastern OR our 40s weather here along the Columbia has allowed for some hunting.
While I'm sure I have some impairment, according to my wife, it is good enough to recognize slight to loud.
I'll play with it a little more before I call Makro.
Thanks

An adjustment from 'Clicked On' to about 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock, depending upon the model and the Sensitivity level, will usually be silent to almost silent using the speaker. Beyond that the Volume increases and we can then hear it better w/o headphones. I don't have a problem with the way they work..

Monte