Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mars Telescopic Rod ?

BarryL

Has anyone on here bought one and mounted the AT Pro to it if so how much modification is required. I would like to do this as I have the Deus and like the ergonomics of it better than the Stock at pro rod Thanks

I've tried mounting an AT-Gold once to a Mars Deus like shaft, didn't like the appearance from the extended studs showing. Unless one drills out holes for the AT mounting studs like the Garrett shaft, this will eliminate the terrible appearance.

The Mars shaft are ok, but feel heavier than a Deus shaft. Plus, Mars shaft have some swing play in the lower shaft area especially with bigger coils. Lower shaft are not as solid as a lower deus shaft, so ergonomics wise its ok but with larger coils the lower shaft will feel a little rubbery if a used swings fast.

Deus shaft are better, lighter and ergonomics wise the better shaft, cost more through. But you'll still need to drill out two holes for the AT stud's, maybe it's not worth the hassle.

Good luck,
Paul

No problem BarryL,

Every shaft has it's strengths and weakness, and depending on user what works for them may not work for others.

I use these with non-metered detectors, And each with an added accessible feature or two within finger's reach. Currently using a Deus shaft with an advanced German made TR/Tone Mine detector, Two Mars shafts one used with a GPX the other a Tesoro Lobo with duel discrimination.

Between the Deus and Mars shaft, Hands down the Deus shaft works best for my detecting needs. But the Mars shaft price, hard to beat so I use these as well. Also, Use the Telescopic type with a Blisstool V6. This particular shaft is ok, it too is telescopic and is great for carrying in a back pack.

Good luck,
Paul