Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

master hunter cx2 vs. ace 350

I currently have a Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXll that I inherited and have used for several years. I like it vey much, but I'm thinking about buying an Ace 350. Is this a smart move or would I be disappointed. I want something that is just as good or better than what I have. I primarily search parks and schools for coins. Any advice?

Thanks,
Sam C.

I've owned and used that old Grand Master Hunter CXll. It's a very good machine. I especially like the true no motion all metal mode and ground balance feature. You can also choose to turn off the bell tone feature, or leave it on if you want. The recovery speed is much slower than the Ace 350 (which I don't own and have never used, but I have played around with my wife's Ace 250 a bit).
On the Ace 350, you have notch discrimination, which you don't have on the CXll. On the Ace 350, you cannot ground balance and it does not have the true no motion all metal mode.

If you're thinking of getting something newer than the CXll, to hunt parks and schools for coins, I suggest that you just get the Ace 250. That Ace 350 comes with a double "D" (wide scan) search coil so you'll be diggin' alot of bottle caps with it while coinshootin'. The Ace 350 is made for relic hunting. It has a higher iron resolution. Whereas the Ace 250 is made for coin shootin' and has a higher coin resolution (opposite end of the conductivity scale).

Good luck to you, whichever machine you decide to get.:biggrin:
Welcome to the forums! :wave:
Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks for the feedback, I definitely like the auto. ground balance and no motion all metal mode. When you say "higher iron resolution" it sounds like that means it's more sensitive to finding iron since, as you said, the 350 is geared more toward relic hunting. Is that correct? I also hate digging pull tabs.

Thanks
Sam

Yes, indeed, the Ace 350 has more notches dedicated to the iron range (lower end, left hand side, of the conductivity scale). That way a relic hunter can be more choosey as to the type of iron targets to dig. Also, the Ace 350 has fewer notches dedicated to the higher end of the conuctivity scale (right hand side/coins). Ace 350 does not distinguish between quarters and dimes, or half and dollars. The stock double "D" search coil makes bottle caps ring up as a good coin signal.
The Ace 250 does distinguish between dimes and quarters, half and dollars. The stock elliptical concentric search coil on the Ace 250 will better identify bottlecaps as an undesirable target.
If you really want to rock-n-roll get a GTI 2500 or AT Gold. You'll have true no motion all metal mode if so desired and be able to ground balance the machine.
However, the Ace 250 is really a coin magnet. Best bang for the buck.:garrett::detecting:

Does anyone know if the Garrett "Crossfire" Super Sniper coil is compatible with the AT Pro. The accessory coil listed for it is called a Super Sniper also but the word Crossfire is missing.

Thanks

No, the Crossfire Super Sniper search coil is not compatible with the AT series (Pro or Gold). For one thing, the connector plug is totally different. The AT series use an underwater (water-tight) screw in type connector plug. Another reason it won't work is the kHz is way off. Crossfire was made for Grand Master Hunter (6.5kHz) and also compatible with GTAx1000 (7kHz). AT Pro is 15kHz and the Gold is 18kHz.
Hope this helps.

It certainly does help; I hadn't thought about the connector cable in relationship to the AT Pro being submersible. Thanks for the feedback.