Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Math??? :shocked:

littlenugget

Hello x terra users i need your help in math i am so bad at this :sadwalk:

This is the problem if they were made 1000 coins and every time one of those coins sell at a auction for 2000 dollars , how much would a coin that only 16 are known will sell at a auction

forget the condition or the year or of it is made of gold etc...i just want the formula if you could help me please

thanks!!!

Depending on the formula chosen of course.......one answer would be 32,000.

16 coins at $2.000.00 a coin is $32.000.00 .. ??

32,000 per coin for 16 coins = 512,000

Nop what i am saying is that theres a coin that only 1000 were made and every time that one of those coin sells at an auction they sell them for 2000 dollars

My question is that theres anaother coin that only 16 were made , i want to know how much this coin would be worth in a auction

1000 coins made individual sell for 2000 dollars in auctions

16 coins made ,individual will sell for ????????

this is my formula 1000 coins x 2000 dollars = 2000000 / 16 = $ 125,000 thats what i think is the answer that the coin would sell in a auction

am i wrong???

But if there are only 16 of them, they would be worth 8 times as much as the others.

The value on anything is not necessarily how rare it is but more dependent on the desire of someone else to own it.

littlenugget said:
Hello x terra users i need your help in math i am so bad at this :sadwalk:

This is the problem if they were made 1000 coins and every time one of those coins sell at a auction for 2000 dollars , how much would a coin that only 16 are known will sell at a auction

forget the condition or the year or of it is made of gold etc...i just want the formula if you could help me please

thanks!!!

Don't take this the wrong way but you've been struggling with this for the last 6 weeks.

littlenugget post

We've all found an old coin or an item that we hold dear to us and often times like BillF said it's "more dependent on the desire of someone else to own it". I get the feeling that you wouldn't part with this coin unless it's going to pay for a college education, car or home. In many cases, the stuff that we find is typically not of that kind of value which means that you are going to keep it. For your own knowledge and piece of mind you need to take it to a bunch of places and get multiple opinions and then put it in a coin folder and sit back and enjoy your find. Most of the time people can go by a book value and that doesn't sound like that's the case with the coin that you found so you need to find someone that specializes in that type of currency. I doubt this will be the case but you could also find out that the coin is a fake.

I have a coin book with a ton of finds in it. I don't expect that I will ever sell any of the coins in that book. Many have little value to anyone else but me and there are a few that possibly could put a decent buck in my pocket but I've found that the thrill was in the hunt for them and that's where I find the value in my finds.

We are all happy when we find an unidentifiable coin or token but I've found that probably the most fun is in the research and learning something during that process. Don't make yourself loco over it and get out there with the coin in hand and see what people can tell you about it. So far, none of us have even seen a picture of this coin so even if we were experts with that currency we would all be taking a guess.

Have fun!

I think I understand what your saying and your formula would look something like this:
1000 coins X $2000 = $2,000,000

1000 over $2,000,000 = 16 over x
1000x = $32,000,000
x= $32,000

This will not give you a correct answer though because of the lower minted coin is going to be worth more than the higher minted coin so it throws the proportion of the formula off.
The correct answer would be that each coin would be worth as much as someone will give you for them. In an auction anything can happen. I have seen some junky detectors sell on Ebay for way more than they are worth and some really nice ones sell for less than they are worth.

I honestly don't know whether there is a formula, and if there is one, the answer is 'expensive.'
Take a look at the 1913 V nickel that sold last year.
There were only 5 of those known to have been made.