Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Matrix M6 VS Cortes!!

rluna

I have a Cortes and like it very much but in reading about
the M6 I was wondering how it compared to my Cortes.
Anyone have any info on both?
Randy

How does the M6 compare with the Cort

Anyone with an unbiased opinion?:bouncy:

Monte pretty much covered it. Never used a Tesoro but have an M6 and it sure does give an abundance of target information, the meter is easy to read ,is comfortable to swing for hrs and has excellent coil selections. HH Bill

My Cortes will read many of the zinc pennies as silver. Another person
I have talked to says his Deleon does the same thing. It will read a solid
95 no matter which way you swing it. And then you end up digging a zinc.
How well does the M6 discriminate the zincs. I can now see where lumping
everything up in the 95 range can be a problem with the Cortes. I'm not
to impressed with the depth either. Its good up to about 6 inches.
Deeper than that is questionable. It also does not give the depth on Iron.
Everything else it will give the depth on unless it is reading iron.
So it would be great to know how the M6 fairs in these areas.
Thanks,
Randy

The M6 will air test a zinc penny at about 67 VDI with a zinc readout and a 1982 down at about 77 - 78 VDI with a penny - dime readout.
The M6 will go deep especially on the audio but the Target id may be suspect. It lets you know a target is there but at depth don't rely on the visuals.I mainly use the 6"x10" Whites and the 4.5"x7" EXcelerator coils on mine and haven't used the 950 coil yet.

The M6 seems to give a depth reading on everything that doesn't overload the cirquits but deep iron will fool me at times.

I'm still fairly new using the M6 but it appears capable of giving better target resolution than the Cortes. HH Bill

Randy,

Yes, I had stated that my reply was a bit biased, but that wasn't due to the fact that I own and use White's detectors. I also own and use a Troy Custom Shadow X5, and will not hesitate to latch onto any make or model that does certain things better for me.

My prior comment in this thread regarding the Cort

My two cents worth after using the M6 for a week or so. The VDI has been very accurate - I would say 70 percent or so on zincs. If I get a higher VDI penny read I check the depth to determine if I have a wheat or a shallow 1 to 2 inch zinc or trash. I have dug enough zincs to trust the M6 ID enough to avoid digging them if I want. On the other hand I encountered about 4 zincs within an inch of each other in a park the other day. When I had recovered all of them I checked the spot again and at four inches below them was a small girls ring masked by the the zinc pennies. I have no expereince with a Cortes, but the M6 is much more accurate at iding zincs than my Fisher CZ-3D used to be. Hope this helps.

Colin

Monte....do you work??:lol: Thanks so much for taking the time to
answer all my questions. Very good stuff. Having run into some financial
problems I'm going to have to sell the Cortes that I have. I'm hoping I
can get another one in spring. Will it be another Cortes??...I dont know.
But the M6 will sure be one to take a look at. I guess fisher is coming
out with a new one too.
Randy

Today I got to try out someones XLT. What a difference in the sound of the tone. The Cortes has a sharp tone while the XLT has a smooth tone. It
kinda fades in and out of the tone. More like a wa wa sound. Since you have used the Cortes and Mxt I was wondering if you new if the MXT had the same tone like personality as the M6. I'm thinking that all the whites have the same tonal personality just like the tesoros have very similar
tonal personalities.
Thanks,
Randy:)