Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MattR. Detecting with the Explorer in wet ,salt water soil.....

Hard Nosed Dave

or immersing the coil to search the soil under water in salt water.

I've notice that in some cases there seems to be a firm resolve by you and others on an increase in detecting depth, by certain detectors, on targets of a size,metal type and even a detection of mineral oxide that certain detectors and their users,Explorer generation include will find.

This suggested increase is mainly due to the humidity and maybe the salt, the iron or mineral oxide(salt included and part of) content within a soil on the average salt water beach(vast dry salt lakes NOT include) and the resulting increase was due to the "halo" of which may have been detected to give the impression of an increased depth that would now fly in the face of the notion that the depth does NOT depend on a proportionate coil size

Is this basically correct what is being said?

I'm curious and firstly need to make sure with you or even anybody else if this is the case.

If not, could you please give a brief run down of what you think of Explorer in such conditions.

Please, I am not expecting you to give an in depth and long reply(unless you want to. Your choice)as I've noticed in most of your posts over the years that you are very much in understanding of the way most detectors seem to work.

These are genuine questions for a discussion and not meant to provoke bad sentiment or a war.

Hard Nosed Dave

I tried the Ex SE yesterday and by days end I will actually have purchased another glass of slightly sweeter lemonade.:shrug:

What a sucker I am.