Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maui Beaches

HuntinDog

Just returned from a trip to Maui.
I know tough job, but someone had to do it....
Packed the Deus in the suitcase and away we went.
Couldn't find much on hunting beaches on the forums, so I just winged it.
Ran in Basic 1
Dropped the Disc to 8
Dropped the Sens to 80
left the freq at 12
Iron 0
React 2
Silencer 1
Auto 4
No Notches
Ran ground manual in the mid 80's
Dropped the ground notch down to 80

Signals came in just fine and with the powdery sand and a sand scoop I didn't mind digging trash. (much)
Dug the repeatable signals and tried to skip the caps, but that was not easy some just sound too good.
But the views were great...

Only hunted a few times. Spent most of the time relaxing in the sun and drinking flowery drinks...LOL
What hunting I did do was productive.. almost paid for the trip. found almost 9 bucks in clad.. LOL and enough trash to sink a boat.
I did find two dive weights (not pictured) that I gave to a dive shop.

Hunted in front of the hotels hoping for that tennis bracelet....
I did find a pair of 925/14k Turtle earrings.
They were an amazing 20 feet apart.
Not a lot to show, but I had a great time and wouldn't travel without my Deus.

Not bad!! What beach were you on? We stayed at the Sheraton on Kaanapali. The snorkeling at Black Rock was great. Saw a guy with Scuba working the depths.

Ron,
That's the beaches I Hunted.
We were staying at the Maui Eldorado, Kaanapali on the golf course.
I stayed out of the water... The Deus didn't like it.
Under the trees at Black Rock I pulled 5 or 6 coins in one scoop twice, but boy were there a lot of caps there!!
Wish I had hunted more only got in maybe 3 or 4 hours total.

I think you had it right--a little hunting then some relaxing in the shade with a cool drink. Hard to beat the location. Thanks for sharing the settings and pictures. Aloha.