Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Max. Disc. revisited..

A

Anonymous

When cherrypicking silver does one lose any depth with the discrimination at max????

Not as long as the initial hit is high enough as to not fall into the discriminate setting.
With my 2a, the first hit after an iron target will be about 10 lower than it should be, with a corresponding lower tone.
A weak hit after iron could possibly be rejected if disc is set to max as the initial hit could be in the ringtab range.
Not loss of depth....it just gets rejected.
HH

all I know is that every detector I've ever tested in my test garden will detect deeper targets when discrimination is set at a minimum. I don't know why, but that is my experience, in my ground. That is why I like using a Sov at little or no disc and listening to the available tones. Maybe someone with the knowledge can explain this. Ray.

Sort of give and takeaways usually more disc. less depth and personally use a Sov. at a low disc. and listen to all myself.

I presently have 3 detectors, two of which have audio discrimination and the third has the more conventional 120 or 180 type discrimination.
Both detectors that have audio discrimination (Sov included) simply turn off target audio for objects falling in the discriminated range. That's all that happens, and I see absolutely no difference in depth between max and min discrimination settings with either.
The third which uses the conventional method does lose considerable depth when discrimination is cranked up.
HH