Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

maximDetecting Depth - Unexplainable???????

staloch

I have tried this on a few water machines and i dont understand. i can take a dime and air test it to the maximum depth it can reach, add about 2 inches to it and swing it really fast past your coil. I dont understand how it works but you can pick it up. Slow it down and you cant pick it up. This weekend i was detecting with my minelab explorer ( I know - Shame on me) but i had a target that i could barely pick up so i knew it was around 10 inches deep. I picked up the speed of the swing and it came in loud and clear. It was a penny at 10 inches. I have tried this with minelabs and Tesoros and it works but Why?????

There is a limit to the improvement. A brisk sweep is all that's needed. Anything faster won't produce better results.The drawback is that you will get a lot of falsing. Don't let that deter you. A couple brisk sweeps over the object and disc will silence the trash but reveal the coin. Deep coins are very iffy but repeatable. With practice you will tell the difference. Generally you will be glad you dug the object.

I know what you're saying happens, but I don't know the technical reason for it. On my machines the difference in depth isn't worth the speed I would have to swing to achieve it.
BB