Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

May 21/22 Hunt

RONMETZGER

I spent all last year using mostly Magics setting on the Coin mode with 5.3. I had great success finding silver and gold. This past week I decided to try the Hi-Pro, and went to some of the same parks I have previously hunted. I was using the 5.3 and Magics setting, this time I bumped up the RX Gain to 12-13. I was able to pull a dozen Wheaties at 13 inches oldest being 1915 and 1916, and this was an area that I have went over a few times with the RX at 10. I was able to dig my second V-Nickle (1910) at 11 inches and a 1928 Buffalo Nickel at 10 inches, and this was all with the 5.3. The only catch was that I had no clue what I was digging. The detector was giving little info on what the item could be, at this point if I could pinpoint, I was going to dig. Great success! Although when pinpointing if I saw the Copper/Silver blue bar was dominate I knew it was a Wheatie or Mercury and usually correct. I plan on hunting the same park with DD so I can get a better description and pinpoint the targets I had trouble with. The pic's are soon to come, having issues with the laptop. Ron in Henrietta NY