Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe an interesting test for T2 owners..........

FrankMD

When you are out detecting and your T2 is set-up how you would usually have it set-up for the area you are hunting, and you get a good hit, see how much you can reduce the sensitivity and still get a good hit. Document the target recovered, the depth and the sensitivity setting after you reduced it.

The info may be helpful in knowing how much sensitivity is actually needed? In a given area. Considering how hot the T2 is.

I like you're idea of checking out the signals with a reduced sensitivity and compare the difference, It could be helpful and support the theory when too much sensitivity at the iron ridden sites is being used which increases masking. In this case, if I was to get a weak signal and with reducing the sensitivity to check out the target and the signal came in louder/stronger then this would plainly show masking had an effect because the signal got better with a lower sens.

Your idea would benefit both ways, And would be of great value to those wanting to learn how to read the ground for different types of detecting.

Excellent idea Frank,
Paul (Ca)

hmmmmm thats a bit like calling your buddy over to check a signal once you have located it .most modern machines will all find that target cause they know its there .the only acid test is your overall finds rate with your normal settings over a given time period .if you have a machine that actually increases your keeper finds rate then its a good un

Frank this is one of the first things I do. I did do a test on a buried hammered coin. The sensitivity on the T2 I found acts really like a modulation on a whites or Gain on the Explorer. You still hear the target when the sensitivity is reduced right down but not as loud. The most common mistake will be to run it far too hot and I find this causes a lot of unnessisary chatter and false signals from coke (Cinders) and iron. It says in the manual that the T2 should run quite in discrim!! Still no one has came back on my post regarding how I can run my T2 in DP mode at nearly full sens without any chatter but it does'nt go as deep as any other mode with say Sens at 60???

Thanks for the replys guys. And Toddy, yes it seems like a good way to show yourself a good place to set the sensitivity on the T2 and not have the extra unnecessary chatter.