Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe MineLabs are the best.

jabbo

Bought an X-Terra705 only three months ago and already it found me a U.S silver 1820 bust dime yesterday. (Posted in Todays Finds forum). Been hoping to find a silver bust since the 1970's and it's my first one. It was about 6" deep in the loose rocks/gravel/stones at the waters edge that I can walk on during low tide. I doubt it was laying perfectly flat. Thank you MineLab for getting me into the silver bust club in such a short time. Will do more searching there because there was a 1700's mill a little way upstream, now it is completely gone. During low tide the water is only knee deep, fast moving, and a solid shale bottom. No mud at all, but lots of rocks/gravel/stones pile up in places at the waters edge. Was using the ML 9" 3khz coil. Also have CoilTech 6" 3khz, and ML 9" 7.5khz coils. When I wade in the water I will be using the CoinStrike with the control box in my small backpack, this coil has an 8 foot cable. Any coins in the water can't sink through the shale bottom, but will be behind any drops in the red shale where gravel collects. That's where I find scrap metal and fishing sinkers, some sinkers I found with the CoinStrike are old, made from musket balls. Hope to find more goodies. HH, Jabbo

Congrats on finding busted. Within the first month of getting my 705 I found my first bust dime. Mine was an 1834 and I believe only my fourth silver. I found an 1831 this past fall. Those things are so small and thin that it's amazing that this detector is able to pick them up.

Good luck!

Congratulations on the great coin find. I really like my Minelab too.

Mapper, Unreal that you found two bust dimes so quickly. Took me about 40 years to find my one and only silver bust coin. Strange, but I found it three months after I got the X-Terra. Jabbo