Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe selling my Safari.

Goldstrike

I've had my Safari for a long time now and even though it works perfectly fine with no issues, I'd like to buy a brand new one. It's paid for itself over and over again and I have a lot of sweet memories tied up in this machine....but just like a car, you sell it when it's working well and not when it quits! I'm not interested in buying a 'Nox' or Etrac because I think I've mastered the Safari enough without going on a new learning curve!
How much are used Safari's worth? Mine's in great condition and it would come with the stock 11inch coil. I want to use the other add-on's and equipment with my next Safari. Thanks for your input in advance.

I would guess somewhere in the 400 or so range. Used detectors seem to be tough sell right now.

The dealer I bought my Deus and Equinox from recently sold a new safari pro pack for 650. It had been used as a demo unit, next to no signs of usage with the full 3 year warranty.

Indiana Mark said:
I would guess somewhere in the 400 or so range. Used detectors seem to be tough sell right now.

The dealer I bought my Deus and Equinox from recently sold a new safari pro pack for 650. It had been used as a demo unit, next to no signs of usage with the full 3 year warranty.

Thanks I.M. I guess I'm subconsciously adding on some sentimental $ value to this particular machine! lol. But thank you for that info!!:thumbup:

Of course, I could be wrong. If you were to start pricing on the high side, you can always lower it if need be. The opposite doesn't work as well.

Goldstrike said:
I have a lot of sweet memories tied up in this machine. I'm not interested in buying a 'Nox' or Etrac because I think I've mastered the Safari enough without going on a new learning curve!
This is exactly why you shouldn't depart with your Safari....she's been good to you. Although I've purchased a NOX, I've made up my mind to never get rid of my Safari. I cut my teeth in this hobby on this machine. She will always be a part of my arsenal. I may be going off the deep end with this machine, but I do love my Safari. 2017 my first year in this hobby park hunting... not too shabby.

Happa54 said:
I have a lot of sweet memories tied up in this machine. I'm not interested in buying a 'Nox' or Etrac because I think I've mastered the Safari enough without going on a new learning curve!

This is exactly why you shouldn't depart with your Safari....she's been good to you. Although I've purchased a NOX, I've made up my mind to never get rid of my Safari. I cut my teeth in this hobby on this machine. She will always be a part of my arsenal. I may be going off the deep end with this machine, but I do love my Safari. 2017 my first year in this hobby park hunting... not too shabby.

Happa54..........I've been watching your posts and seeing your enthusiasm and success in and for this hobby. I think we all had it starting off and for many of us, that same enthusiasm is still there! I think I'll keep my Safari and just plan on buying a new one and use the other for a backup. I have an AT Pro but don't use it for fear of missing targets that my Safari will hit on! The thrill is still there and I think we all are Metal detecting junkies seeking to get the next fix....whether it be a heavy gold ring, some nice silver jewelry or a nice old silver 1/2 Dollar or?....Happy hunting all!