Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe Sven, Slingshot or Old California can respond. - Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax Discrim Pot

Bleaver

Can anyone tell me the value of the discrimination potentiometer in the Silver Sabre uMax? I'm getting 15K, don't think my ohm meter is working correctly. Maybe Sven, Slingshot or Old California can respond.

On the Geotech Schematics site I found the Silver Sabre Plus and the Bandido II uMax both use a 100K pot for discrimination. It also seems the Bandido II uMax and the Silver Sabre uMax use very similar circuit boards and circuitry. So I'm going proceed on the premise that the 100K value for the discrimination potentiometer are the same.
I've been putting together info on adding alternative discrimination levels for nickel and zinc in addition to the variable disc already on the silver sabre uMax. It would work like a Troy X-3/5 only my goal is to have the zinc discrimination variable like the onboard discrimination that comes standard. I'll let you know if it works in a month or so.

It sounds like a great ideal. I'm guessing that one switch could handle both the 'nickel' and 'zinc' discrimination circuit or whatever you call it. I'm not a tech savvy.

tabman

My Silver umax was 200k. I placed a 100k fixed and 100k variable in series (I couldn't obtain a 200k) to put in parallel with the existing 200k pot to fabricate my "Silverjon". I basically had a toggle to flip back and forth on the two so I could ID tabs-just like the Tejon.:shrug:

Well first off I took the Discrimination pot out of the faceplate. Guess what, its marked 100K so I don