Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

maybe taking a trip out to Arizona in the spring

mtdoramike

and thought I would take a metal detector with me and do a little swinging while I'm there. But I have never been out west much less Arizona and not sure where to go. We will probably be staying around the Sedona area. Anyone with info would be helpful.

mike

Though worked over heavily, Lynx Creek near Prescott holds gold. I know people who have panned there, found some nice pickers. Depending on the season, the creek can be bone dry with only little pockets of water for such placer work. With that being said, metal detecting might be a better option.

Not necessarily looking to go gold prospecting, just do a bit of swinging in none posted areas where detecting is permitted without offending anyone or violating any restrictions. But
I will keep Lynx creek in mind for sure.

Sedona would not be the place to swing a detector without offending anyone. go east or south, you also posted in the prospecting section,so Idahogold pointed you in a good direction, gold basin is good for both gold and metorities, I've found plenty of that yellow stuff in the White Hills area which is west of gold basin.

Lynx creek area is loaded with trash . Very hard detecting there . Gold basin is a good choice , was there last week . Didn’t find any gold but area is almost clean of trash. Only had two hits all day and both were bullets. Never tried White hills area. Is there land there that the public can detect on ? Also in prescott valley , off Stonebridge rd. Lynx creek is closed and Rose creek is closed to any prospecting. Due to homeless and meth heads trashing the place.

Try Jerome or Camp Verde. Jerome is a semi-ghost town, Camp Verde has Fort Verde (which you cannot detect) near General Crook's trail. Probably best to look at these areas on Google Earth. If you find a Ft. Verde 7 1/2 cents canteen token it's listed at $1,500 in the Arizona Trade Tokens book. Good luck and watch out for Buzzworms.

Jeff