Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MDing at night

nevadamxt

it has been HOT here for months and i havnt been real motivated to go out,well wife and i took the kids camping yesterday and last night i went m.d.ing ,what a blast ,i love the backlight on the pro and the kids loved it to helping out .funny thing is with a flashlight it seemed easyer to see objects i had dug up than during the day light who knows mabey i just get distracted during the day .also i find the longer i use the mxt and play with it the more i learn was camped at a old homesite at the edge of a alkali flat and pulled at least 50 bullets,casings ,nails ,pull tabs ect,and really learned alot about the settings on salty areas.found that if i hit something kick the salt crust off the top and then it would read pretty accurately.the mxt never ceases to amaze me on it being able to read hot rocks corectly .btw i had a whites dd 6x9 coil on .the the hypersat maxed out disc off i was pulling stuff up easily from 10" it gets noisy but i dont mind it (not any noisier than a 5 and 6 year old with you)

That's one way to beat the heat. The more you use your machine, the more you're going to love it. HH, Nancy

nevadamxt said:
btw i had a whites dd 6x9 coil on .the the hypersat maxed out disc off i was pulling stuff up easily from 10" it gets noisy but i dont mind it (not any noisier than a 5 and 6 year old with you)
So I take it you were hunting in the All Metal (Prospecting) mode, since you had the Hyper-SAT maxed out and Disc. 'off'? What were you searching for?

I use my MXT Pro a lot during the hotter, or warmer, summer and early fall periods as night-hunting is so comfortable. It's an excellent back-light. However, most of my detecting is done in the Discriminate mode, just rejecting iron nails or a little more (to the first Disc. preset) and I leave using an All Metal search for gold nugget hunting, and some periodic relic/cache hunting.

We have 19 grand children and only 4 or 5 are left in that 5 & 6 year old group, and sometimes you're very correct. :surrender: They can be a handful.

Monte

Oh, #20 is due in January, but by mid-year most will be over 6 years old.

i run the pro in relic,disc at zero, hypersat +1-2 unless im in super salty areas and ground locked and hit the grab alot .not really looking for anything in particular do most of my MDing on old wagon trails and have found that you can miss alot if i seperate out iron. i would post some pics but have a hard time on here shrinking down pics ,tried the tutorial