Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Me & "Hank The Dog" finding NICE Silver & Lead . . .

Cajuncoinhunter

From last week. Finally got some time to put this video together. Hank & I made some really nice Civil War Finds ... (1853 Seated Liberty Half Dollar , Bullets , etc). Thanks for watching.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uUwKsg1KVE[/video]

That is a beautiful half EJ. I bet someone was really pizzed when he found out he was missing a half dollar.

Thanks Larry. I was really shocked finding this It was about 20 yds from an old road that was the main route between 2 villages during the CW. Ive been a bit lucky finding old coins around my CW sites and so have others on the forum. Like you probably, I was thinking how much money that 1/2 would be worth in today's dollars for a solider (possibly) back then ?? Then it had the string hole so that the person couldnt lose it. ??? Go figure. We find so many 'dropped' bullets 'round here that i sometimes wonder how the heck they ever fought any battles at all. cch.

umrgolf said:
helluva seated, video not working :stretcher:

Thanks. I've noticed that several of us on this new CW forum have posted a few seated coins recently. That was my first seated half ( i was pretty excited) and kinda wished someone hadnt put a hole in the head of Ms Liberty.

Thanks Tom. The silver was a very unexpected surprise for Hank and I. My vids are running a little behind. I wanted to get this one out to take my mind off the home repairs needed due to the flooding. Hopefully today i can switch from the removal to the repairing phase.

I'm also glad to see everyone is safe. Material things we can fix and replace but our true treasure as we all know is our love ones. Pace yourself in getting things back together and as always be safe. Tom

Nice finds and video CCH- still waiting on my first silver. Thanks for the advise on sending White's a story about my buckle. They are sending me a gift certificate!!

great find and video:clapping: i found a 1809 half that was also holed, must have been a common practice back then

cbll1011 said:
Nice finds and video CCH- still waiting on my first silver. Thanks for the advise on sending White's a story about my buckle. They are sending me a gift certificate!!

Great ... That's what I'm talking about ... more accessories. :thumbup: cch