Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Medallion in the deep

GoVidGo

I met up with a new friend from my County detecting club in a local park near where we live. The park has been hunted for about 20+ years, I am sure. The only park in a very very old town that is in a busy area of the County.
I decided to use my V3i and run my deep slow-swinging program that is amazing here in western PA. It's chatty with everything from -95 to +95 turned on, and with the iron set to clicks, but it hits and I dig targets 12+" inches, and have had to dig my V-plug and then dig another dirt plug in that hole countless times.

The TDI is a little off that deep, but it will hit targets, and it will be a solid hit!, but you can't get a steady TDI #. If it was shallow hit with that reaction, I guarantee neither you nor I would dig it, as it looks like junk, caps, or can-slaw.

My thinking was that 'how many detectors hitting 4"...6"... or even 8" down missed targets that deep? Or, 'how many people hit a faint target 12+ inches deep and decided not to dig it because it wasn't IDed good or just that deep?'

I hit some clad and a buton that were shallow plus a few coins a little deeper and then dug some deep targets over 10". I got a few junk iron targets then hit for a good solid target about 12" down. I dug up a medallion! It looks like my strategy paid of for once! It happened towards the end of our few hour hunt and I am going to go back to the park and try it again.

The low hanging fruit has all but been picked. Gotta go deep in hammered sites now.
Great job!
Bunker

WOW that thing is deep , and the objects are not big ones