Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Medieval Spindle whorl

Rigit

spindle1.jpg

I Had a lovely day out in the sunshine today not a great day for finds, but still one of my favorite sites even though they have three metal detecting clubs that frequently hold searches here.

First Field, I have found both Saxon and Roman broaches here in the past however today I was detecting on 6" stubble so it was hard work especially with the sun on my back, targets where far and few between and most where pieces of alloy or copper with the occasional small brass button.

Second Field was freshly turned stubble again found a lot of small copper and alloy fragments, these are from a crashed second world war spitfire aircraft. I did however get a good chance to push the E-Track and see what it was capable of, I started in auto (24) and soon knocked it up 3+ (27) with only a very occasional false rebound tones from iron I tried the machine in manual 28 and 29 but found that at this point the chatter became a little irritating so I put it back to auto and all was smooth again, didn't see any reason to change from this setting for the rest of the afternoon.

Settings

Tones ID Ferrous
Quick mask with first two horizontal and vertical lines masked out, this I uploaded to the smart find window.
Sensitivity auto (24) +3
Tones 4
Tones variable 30
Deep on
Difficult off
All other settings as per factory settings

Best find today was a Medieval Spindle Whorl dating from 50BC to 1500 AD not a fantastic find but still interesting and will put along side the many other designs I have found over the years.

n/t