Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mega March Mystery Coin

mudpuppy

This morning, cold N wind, 52 degrees F at the beach...perfect for a long march without getting overheated![attachment 315604 jul1-15.jpg][attachment 315605 jul1-15-1.jpg]

I parked and headed downwind on account of the exposed dune grass stubble and roots were laying in that direction...the roots are like little strands of barbwire and the stalks are similar to needles, so a barefooter has to think about these things! The cold water numbs a guys feet, he can feel them getting punctured and shredded, but no real pain until he gets home! :sadwalk:[attachment 315608 june29-15.jpg] Worked the high edge going down, where the roots and stalks are the worse, and the trough and slope coming back...@4miles swinging the Pro 3 clicks down from full sens to work through the black sand layers..even at that setting, amazing depth!
Hit some clad and eyeballed this plastic trowel! I'm gonna put it up for sale on the 'Accessory Forum' for somebody who has ever gouged a key date coin with their metal one! :rofl:[attachment 315606 jul1-15-2.jpg]

Got a very strange coin, must be copper, the size of a Q, fluted edges, looking at it under the loup, it appears to be a coin...so I will take a bit of time and try to clean it and see what it is...any guesses?:shrug:[attachment 315607 jul1-15-3.jpg] Lake Michigan spits up some oldies now and then, not SENDA type oldies mind you, but I hope its something valuable so I can buy some water shoes!..:rofl: I'll list that plastic trowel for $100 and see who steps up! :lmfao: I'll report back when I get this coin cleaned a bit..
Mud

Your poor toe :stretcher: I am seeing little birdies flying around my head just looking at it. Be careful with that mystery coin in may be a rare chain cent :drool: I will throw a beginning bid in on the trowel of .99 cents.

After a careful cleaning...the Mystery coin turned out to be a 1988 clad Washington Q! :ranting: It musta got tossed in a beachfire, right after it was issued 25yrs ago, and then encrusted itself...now I wonder if even the Coinstar will take it? Boy this clad sure does not have much of a shelf life outdoors...
Mud

Nice Mud. Those ceramic trowels are cool for those tiny targets that keep falling through the scoop. Just wave over the coil or use with the pro pointer . Great for earrings and such.

Been swinging the AT pro here a lot on land trying to get used to big DD. Sure is deeper than I thought it would be but she really likes batteries compared to the 70. Glad I'm using rechargeable . Finally got the bottle caps figured out so I should be good to hit the lake-----------IB

Well it was wishful thinking. Boy that quarter is toast lol. Long as there are no rough edges on it coinstar will be able to gobble it up or a vending machine :)

Yep..Coinstar gobbled it up after a few rejections this morning...I licked it and ran it back through and it took it!

..thats a plastic trowel there IBD...:lmfao: Had a few nibbles on the accessory forum then the mods deleted my post!:rofl: I got a bit carried away like normal..
Mud

Thanks IBD...I drank a 1/2 gal jug of orange juice (with pulp) and ate an entire watermelon yesterday. Then I immersed it in cold Lake Michigan water this morning for a few hours...so its sort of purpleish, I think if I can find some big gold it would help. Good thing its not my big toe..a guy needs that one for sure!

One time, I had massive hemmerhoids, so large the hotels I stayed at were charging me double occupancy! The desk clerk thought we were twins!

WebMd said to soak them in some warm salty water, so I drove 1000 miles to the Gulf of Mexico and waded on in! Between that and some shaving cream as a topical ointment, I'm cured! I like to fix myself when possible...cheaper you know...Gold waits for Nobody!. Who needs a mid ranked toe anyway?:rofl:
Mud .

You are a glutton for punishment, Mud. Take care of the toe. Nice clad and looked like an ear ring.

Mud, I enjoy a lot with your stories. you are the last straw, the top, el colmo o la leche of funny:rofl:. and I do not understand half the words ... :rofl:
Take care of those feet, are the main vehicle, I do not imagine detecting wheelchair ... made of plastic.
Do not lose hope of finding your oldie, meanwhile, continues to find gold, man.

that sleazy has that finger...:nono:

Interesting post :detecting:....that friggin toe ! I wouldn't fool around with a sausage like that.